|Other Lore||Mud Golem|
Ancient Rock Golem
Ancient Granite Golem
Golems are a species of elementals in the Dota 2 world.
As a type of elemental, golems are one with the earth. This doesn't mean that they are the earth itself, but rather they are made of the earth and thus are separate entities from it. Their harmony with the earth element simply comes from the fact that they are born from the natural earth. Their affinity with the earth means that some are made of rock such as granite, while others are made of hardened mud.
Mud Golems do not seem to die when shattered. Instead, they splinter into smaller Shard Golems by transferring their spirit into the pieces that once made up their original body. They can also throw boulders at targets, but they seem to hesitate doing this and are implied to be afraid of doing this for unknown reasons.
Like most elementals, golems may serve a master who may create these golems from the earth element. Their masters keep them in check so that they aren't left to their own device and don't wreak havoc on anyone that isn't made of rock.
Warlock's is described as an ability that summons a golem, even though it is technically a demon from the Outer Hells. Demnok knows that it's a demon and the "golem" knows this as well. However, he calls them "golems" in Dota Underlords. He does have legitimate golems under his control, case in point the Obsidian Golem.
In the spinoff game Dota Underlords, agents of the Quorum from Weeping Rose have forged golems and utilized them to attack Hobgen, the Underlord of New Tenebrous in White Spire after Momma Eeb's death nullified the non-aggression pact between White Spire and Weeping Rose. Meanwhile, in the district of Port Slipshade in White Spire, Jull took it to himself and his goons to purge the untamed golems wreaking havoc in his district. The Quorum's agents with their golems also came to Jull's domain to intimidate him with their familiars, but Jull's "Rock Breaker" title isn't just for show.
- Earthshaker's biography.
- Crumble description.
- Hurl Boulder description.
- Dota Underlords - Loot Round: First Intermission lore.
- Aghanim response: ▶️ Oh, my dear Beatrix, I had my money on you. Now I have to pay the rock golems.
- Aghanim response: ▶️ The rock golems will be most pleased! Wait, where are the rock golems? Sleeping?! Argh, maybe no rock golems today.
- Dota Underlords - City Crawl, Port Slipshade Street Fight: Pop Some Rocks lore.
- Warlock's Chaotic Offering responses.
- Warlock Golem response: ▶️ Your demon rises!
- Dota Underlords - Warlock response: Now where did I place that golem?
- Dota Underlords - Warlock response: I didn't even need to use my golem.
- Dota Underlords - Anessix's Summon Demonic Golem ability.
- Yulsaria's Glacier description.
- Dota Underlords - City Crawl, New Tenebrous Street Fight: Greetings From Weeping Rose lore.
- Dota Underlords - City Crawl, Port Slipshade Street Fight: The Thorns of the Rose lore.
- Tiny biography.
- Tiny response: ▶️ Was I a splinter from a golem's heel? A chip from the Oracular Visage of Garthos? I shall not rest until I know from whence I came.