|Bindings forged by impossible means to leash an ancient evil.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- Chain Lightning proc does not stack with other -based items.
- Launches projectiles onto enemies within 450 radius.
- The projectiles travel at a speed of 1900.
- Roots the targets, preventing them from moving and casting certain mobility abilities.
- Provides True Sight over the targets.
- Gleipnir first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Shares cooldown with .
- When obtaining multiple items with the Chain Lightning ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The lightning bounces in 0.25-second intervals, so hitting 4 targets takes 0.75 seconds.
- Chain Lightning can proc while a previous Chain Lightning is still bouncing.
- Can never hit the same unit more than once per proc.
- Attacks which proc Chain Lightning cannot miss.
- Can proc on invisible units or units in Fog of War, but it does not bounce toward those units.
- Does not proc if the attacker is dead. However, it can proc if the target is dead.
- Chain Lightning uses pseudo-random distribution.
- The is a hidden buff required for the lightning to bounce.
- Chain Lightning uses a custom cooldown system. It is neither displayed on the item icon when procced, nor is affected by cooldown manipulation.
- In Norse Mythology, Gleipnir is the chain that is used to bind Fenrir, a wolf that is the son of Loki and Angrboda.
- Gleipnir's intern name is "Gungir", an incorrect spelling of Gungnir, which is the spear of the Norse Mythology God Odin.
Main Article: Gleipnir/Changelogs