|Not one thrall creature of the depths,|
Nor spirit bound in drowning's keep,
Nor Maelrawn the Tentacular,
Shall rest till seas, gem comes to sleep.
- Gem of True Sight drops when its wielder dies, unless they have available Reincarnation sources.
- This item cannot be put into the backpack.
- Exposes enemies within the area, revealing them through the Fog of War, and also provides True Sight over them.
- The effects are provided by an aura, the modifier lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Cannot detect units under the effect of , but can detect units affected by other sources of True Sight immunity.
- Does not affect invulnerable units.
- The visual effect created at the target area is visible to the casting team only. The sound is audible to both teams.
- The True Sight is provided within 900 radius, regardless of the carrier's actual vision. It is fully unobstructed.
- Its effect is provided by an aura and debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- True Sight does not work when the item is in the inventory of a or .
- Fully affects invulnerable units.
- Cannot detect units under the effect of , , , and .
- Gem of True Sight is a risky investment, due to it dropping on death and potentially giving the enemy a free Gem. Therefore, this item should only be bought when having enough survivability and when other True Sight items are not enough.
- Although often purchased by supports, Gem of True Sight is better carried by more resilient tanks and initiators, who are less likely to die and lose it.
- In the early game, when heroes are more stationary farming the lanes, invisible heroes. are a far more efficient way to avoid being ganked by
- Due to the True Sight being a passive aura, it constantly reveals nearby invisible enemies, making it the most cost effective revealing item, hence the heavy drawback.
- Gem of True Sight can still sometime be a worthwhile investment when the enemy has no invisible heroes. It is ideal to reliably remove enemy over a long term, as the only alternative item to do this are Sentry Wards, but they can be easily wasted if the enemy ward locations are unknown.
- Gem of True Sight can be cast on ward spots to reveal and detect Observer Wards and Sentries.
- ▶️ response while having the Compass of the Rising Gale equipped upon buying Gem of True Sight suggests that the Gem of True Sight is slippery, possibly explaining its nature of dropping upon death.
- In DOTA: Dragon's Blood. The Gem of True sight is used as a bargaining tool for , and .
Main Article: Gem of True Sight/Changelogs
- No longer provides 300 radius ground vision and True Sight around the dropped location for the dropping team.
- new active ability.
- no longer works on illusions.