This page is about the old item. For the current unit, see Courier.
Main Article: Courier
|The faithful mount upon which soar the fortunes of battle.|
- Buying it automatically upgrades the .
- The item does not combine into one item when the Animal Courier and the Flying Courier items are in the inventory.
- The Flying Courier is not a valid target for most spells. A list of spells which affect the courier can be found here.
- The courier can be upgraded even while it is dead. This does not affect the respawn time of the current death.
- The upgrade causes the courier to take 50% more damage from melee attacks than from ranged attacks.
- Its respawn time gets increased to 90 seconds.
- It is possible to have multiple Flying Couriers. However, only the first created courier reacts on the courier button.
- All couriers are controllable by the entire team, no matter who buys and deploys the courier.
- When a courier dies, the opposing team's heroes get 175 gold each. If there already is a dead courier, no gold is granted.
- However, an enemy making the killing blow on a courier always gets the 175 gold bounty.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Flying Courier's passive ability, Upgrade Courier, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.