|A pristine hood that feeds upon strife to empower its owner.|
3300 ( )
- Stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- Increases all heroes' total magic resistance to 40%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Spell lifesteal of multiple Eternal Shrouds does not stack.
- Stacks additively with others sources of spell lifesteal.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Blocks damage before any reductions, except .
- Only blocks magical damage, coming from spells and attacks. Does not block any physical or pure damage.
- The amount of mana restored equals the exact amount of damage blocked. Fully affected by mana restore manipulation.
- Recasting Shroud refreshes the buff and resets the barrier's absorb capacity.
- Does not stack with other magical damage barriers.
- If multiple sources of barriers are active on a unit, all of them lose capacity from the same absorbed damage instance.
- However, if a damage instance is greater than the capacity of all barriers individually, the damage gets blocked as if the barriers were one barrier with combined capacity.
- Does not share cooldown with or .
- Spell lifesteal is extremely good on Bristleback because his hits in an AoE and the spell is spammable. Since he's a tank, he's also a good Hood of Defiance carrier.
- Pudge can negate his own damage and in turn, convert the taken damage into mana. The magic resistance also helps him tank more and deal more damage by activating Rot more often.
- Timbersaw deals a lot of spell damage, hence the spell lifesteal will improve his survivability. Having an innate defense against physical damage thanks to , an addition of magic resistance item with an active that solves his mana issues will greatly allow him to last longer in fights.
Main Article: Eternal Shroud/Changelogs