|Heroes|| Chaos Knight|
Keeper of the Light
|Cosmetics||World Chasm Artifact|
- Enigma is a Fundamental, a force of the universe created when Elder Titan caused divided the world during the Schism. He has control over gravity.
- Like other Fundamentals, Enigma returns to the Fundamental Plane when he dies.
- Mireska covets Enigma's powers, flattering him and trying to get him to reveal his secrets.
- Pudge thinks Enigma is a snob.
Before time even began to flow, the four Fundamentals were once united in the Fundamental Plane where they were all bound to the great Primordial harmony created by the Elder Titan. When his hammer fell into the world, it caused a devastating effect on the early universe that split the Fundamental Plane open. Keeper of the Light broke off from the other Fundamentals, including Enigma, who followed suit and escaped the primordial plane soon after. Although he is a destructive force unleashed upon existence, he is no different from the other Fundamentals, who are all hunted by Chaos Knight who seeks to reunite the Fundamentals back into their respective plane.
In some point in time, an ambitious alchemist named Cedric managed to acquire the journal of Jovat Kazran, an alchemist who became a Dark Fundamental. With great caution, he casted seventeen different spells that would summon Enigma, render him powerless, and unable to harm Cedric. Reciting a summoning incantation from Elze, he brought Enigma into the material plane. Not wanting to waste any time, Enigma immediately went in for the kill, but he was blocked by a magical forcefield. Realizing that he was powerless, Enigma decided to offer him political power and women, but he makes it clear that he grants no wishes.
While he refused all of Enigma's offers, Cedric demanded from him the secrets of the last page, which was essential to the spell that would ascend the caster into godhood. He also presented to him his latest invention: a pair of golden bracers that allowed the wielder to manipulate the fabric of spacetime. Such was its power that it would kill Cedric if he were to wear it in his current form, but not as a Fundamental. To control this power safely, he needed to complete the spell that will turn him into a Fundamental. And only Enigma has the answers to the mystery that would make Cedric into a god like him.
Convinced, Enigma told him to step into the field so that he may reveal to him the final step to godhood. Cedric refused and reiterated to him that he is still under his heel, but Enigma reveals that he was never affected by Cedric's spells and casually walks through the forcefield. As he slowly approaches the terrified alchemist, he taunts him about his foolishness and fulfills his wishes in an ironic manner by whispering to him secrets that would shatter a mortal mind. While he undergoes a state of delirium, Enigma reveals to him the truth about the journals.
Aeons after his escape into the Seven Planes, Enigma made his existence known to the inhabitants of the material plane by fabricating dozens of fake journals made by an alchemist named "Jovat Kazran" and hid them in secret places for alchemists to discover. The journal contained a log of Kazran's studies of the four fundamental forces of the universe and his successful attempts at his ascension to a Dark Fundamental as well as the items necessary to become one. However, Enigma has intentionally left out the last page, which is supposed to contain the final step of a spell that turns the caster into a Dark Fundamental. The last page doesn't actually exist, but this will only fuel the curiosity of those who seek Enigma's powers and force them turn to him for the mysteries of the last page.
He steals the World Chasm Artifact from Cedric and casually puts them on. However, he is no thief, so he holds up his end of the transaction by turning Cedric into an eidolon. With Cedric's dark ascension accomplished, he prepares his newfound recruit for the upcoming battle and puts his invention to the test.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Enigma
- ▶️ The aid of a Fundamental is most welcome.
- ▶️ Enigma, let's put those eidolons to work.
- ▶️ Greetings, Enigma. You and I have crossed many planes to fight this war.
- ▶️ Ah, Enigma, I haven't seen you since the Shattering.
- ▶️ Boop
- ▶️ ▶️ Enigma, you are one scary force of nature.
- ▶️ ▶️ Hey Enigma, remember when you tricked that Alchemist? Oh, ha! Good times.
- ▶️ To be a true enigma, it would be best to style oneself on something less studied than gravity.
- ▶️ I'm under enough pressure without your help, Enigma.
Enemies killing Enigma
- ▶️ Enigma, elemental to elemental.
- ▶️ Gravity alone cannot achieve unity.
- ▶️ Self knows what you once were.
- ▶️ I expected more from a Fundamental.
- ▶️ Enigma, your little ones aren't half as precious as mine.
- ▶️ I expected more from a Fundamental.
- ▶️ Born in the Schism, died in the forge.
- ▶️ Return to the Fundamental plane.
- ▶️ They said not even light can escape you. They lied.
- ▶️ ▶️ Never trust a--what are you anyway?
- ▶️ ▶️ The Dark Fundamentals must die!
- ▶️ ▶️ It ends here, Enigma!
- ▶️ Could never figure that guy out. Me neither.
- ▶️ Chirp!
- ▶️ The real enigma is why you thought you could go up against me.
- ▶️ He abandoned this plane faster than Kunkka abandoned his fleet.
- ▶️ I see a blackness none can see or name or understand until it is too late for them.
- Elder Titan response: ▶️ That which I divided, returns to Unity.
- Puck response: ▶️To be a true enigma, it would be best to style oneself on something less studied than gravity.
- Elder Titan response: ▶️ Return to the Fundamental plane.
- Dark Willow response: ▶️ The way you trapped that alchemist? Classic.
- Dark Willow response: ▶️ I want the power you hold, Enigma!
- Feast of Abscession response: ▶️ Snob.
- Chaos Arbiter description.
- The Summoning comic