Davion, the Dragon Knight, is a durable melee strength hero with a relatively straightforward and yet versatile skill set. He has both an area-of-effect nuke and a lengthy single-target stun, giving him excellent farming and ganking capabilities. Though he has no real escape ability, his Dragon Blood provides him a hefty amount of armor and regen, making him capable of withstanding strong physical hits and recovering quickly. He is still very vulnerable in the early game, however, and needs to farm and stay alive in order to be effective in later stages. If he has enough levels and farm, Dragon Knight is very formidable in the late game due to his strong ultimate, Elder Dragon Form, which transforms him into a legendary dragon with a ranged attack, capable of eliminating multiple enemies at once.
Can directly target spell immune units, launching the fire in their direction.
- Breathe Fire travels at a speed of 1050.
- With the travel distance and end radius, Breathe Fire can hit units up to 1000 range away.
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Reduces hit targets' total attack damage, including raw damage bonuses.
- Breathe Fire first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.53 seconds while in .
- In human form, Dragon Tail does not rely on a projectile and can therefore not be disjointed.
- Dragon Tail first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- While in
, Dragon Tail has a cast range of 400 and uses a projectile, instead of being instant.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1600.
- Can regenerate up to 180/360/540/720 ( ) health in one minute.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The damage is provided by an aura, its debuff lingers for 2 seconds.
- Deals 32.5 damage in 0.5-second intervals, immediately upon receiving the debuff, resulting in 25 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 812.5 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Multiple instances of Fireball's debuff do not stack.
- While in , Fireball has a cast range of 1400.
Corrosive Breath attempts to damage spell immune enemies when placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- Increases Dragon Knight's movement speed to 335 and attack range to 500 ( ) ( and magic resistance to ).
- Also gives Dragon Knight ranged attack properties. His attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- Level 1 transforms him into a Green Dragon, level 2 into a Red Dragon, and level 3 into a Blue Dragon ( and level 4 into a Black Dragon).
- Elder Dragon Form is fully canceled on death. The is hidden, only the 3 attack modifier buffs are displayed.
- Successive casts of Elder Dragon Form refresh the duration and update the form, adapting to the current level of the ability.
- While in Elder Dragon Form, Dragon Knight gains the following attack modifiers through undispellable buffs:
- Corrosive Breath: (Available for Level 1 and higher levels of Elder Dragon Form)
- Places a , which deals magical damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 5 instances.
- When on level 2 or higher, the debuff is applied to all enemies within the splash radius.
- Can deal up to 100 ( ) damage to a unit (before reductions).
- Does not work against wards, works against allied units.
- Corrosive Breath fully affects buildings, meaning it can also be used to deny allied towers. However, buildings are only debuffed when directly attacked.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own attack damage. However, on secondary targets, it first applies the splash damage, then the debuff.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the debuff is not applied within the radius.
- Splash Attack: (Available for Level 2 and higher levels of Elder Dragon Form)
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, no splash damage is dealt.
- Splash damage cannot be amplified with outgoing spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- Can be amplified by incoming spell damage amplification.
- The splash damage is physical damage, and is affected by Damage Block.
- Does not work against wards or buildings.
- Frost Breath: (Available for Level 3 and higher levels of Elder Dragon Form)
- Does not work against wards, buildings, or allied units.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own attack damage. The splash damage is applied after the debuff as well.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the slow is not applied within the radius.
, the level of Elder Dragon Form increases .
- Elder Dragon Form has 4 levels by default, but the 4th level can only be reached with Aghanim's Scepter.
- The Black Dragon form has unobstructed movement, allowing him to path over impassable terrain, units, buildings, and trees.
- However, it does not have phased movement meaning other units cannot pass through it.
- The black dragon form is larger than the other forms.
|+375 AoEDuring||25||+12HP Regen/Armor|
|+20 Strength||20||+150Attack Range|
|-30%Damage Reduction||10||+15 Damage|
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage.
- Does not benefit illusions and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Increased base attack damage from 31-37 to 32-38.
- Reduced cooldown from 115 on each level to 115/110/105/ .
- Reduced magic resistance bonus from 20% to 25%.
- Increased damage per second from 60 to 65.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
- Reduced stun duration from 2.5/2.75/3/3.25 to 2.25/2.5/2.75/3.
- Reduced health regen bonus from 4/8/12/16 to 3/6/9/12.
- Reduced splash damage from 115% to 100%.
- Reduced magic resistance bonus from 40% to 20%.
- Now uses an aura to deal its damage, which lingers on enemies for 2 seconds. [ ]
- Reduced damage per second from 80 to 60.
- Increased damage from 50/75/100/125 to 70/100/130/160.
- Reduced mana cost from 100 on each level to 70/80/90/100.
- Increased cooldown from 12/11/10/9 to 16/14/12/10.
- Is now always present, instead of only during .
- Uses a cast range of 600 when used outside of Elder Dragon Form. [ ]
- Level 10 left talent: +24% attack damage reduction increased to +30%.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +2 mana regen ➜ +15 attack damage.
- Level 15 right talent changed: +25 attack damage ➜ +0.5s stun duration.
- Level 20 right talent changed: 15% cooldown reduction ➜ +150 attack range.
- Level 25 left talent changed: +1.6s stun duration ➜ 375 AoE during .
- Level 25 right talent changed: 1.8x health regen/armor ➜ +12 health regen/armor.
- mana pool, allowing him to use Breathe Fire more often in lane. helps with Dragon Knight's small
- gives nice attributes, and can be used to build a .
- regenerates health early on until Dragon Blood.
- are compulsory because of the early speed boost they give.
- provides a good amount of strength, survivability, and overall tankiness in the early game.
- can help offset the damage of being harassed by spells, and provide a burst of HP and Mana to help win early fights.
- makes last hitting easier due to his low base damage.
- health regeneration from Soul Ring together with the regeneration from Dragon Blood offset the health loss. is a useful item on Dragon Knight, as it allows him to farm using Breathe Fire constantly. The extra
- is common choice for strength DPS heroes. HP regen from Dragon Blood effectively manages the HP consumed by an activated Armlet.
- is a crucial item to have in most games to prevent being disabled. With the added survivability, damage and spell immunity, you become more durable and able to jump into the fight with less risk of dying.
- gives great mobility and initiation potential which Dragon Knight severely lacks.
- break passive abilities. gives good mobility and ideal in games where Dragon Knight requires a way to initiate or gank the opposing team. The stealth allows you to initiate using your stun, and the bonus damage coming out of stealth is also helpful. Can be upgraded later into to
- is a natural upgrade for Magic stick, offering a larger potential burst of health and mana.
- increases attack speed, and also allows for attribute switching. Using Soul Ring while set to strength, then casting spells on intelligence minimizes the HP cost and maximizes the mana gained.
- gives attack speed and armor to you and surrounding allies. It also places a debuff on enemies, making them easier to kill. It is a good item if you have many attackers in your team.
- status resistance and evasion that stacks nicely with Dragon Knight's large HP pool and high armor, and the disarm effectively prevents the enemy from dealing damage. gives strength,
- provides you with a modest chunk of attributes, as well as increasing his movement speed and attack speed, boosts health regeneration and lifesteal, and gives status resistance.
- illusions get full benefits of the bonuses of and the passive . It provides you with valuable attack speed and movement speed.
- gives another level to your ultimate which allows you to become a black dragon. It also provides health, mana, and some decent stats. Upgrade to later on in order to free up an item slot.
- unlocks the "Fireball" ability; great for pushing and also provides more AoE damage in team fights .
- grants a sizeable strength boost, as well as damage and lifesteal, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's survivability.
- provides you with a massive HP boost and a passive ability to gain health more quickly, also adds strength which increases his attack damage and synergizes well with Dragon Blood.
- makes you deal more damage, and gives you the chance to make critical hits.
- slow that pierces spell immunity, like the Frost Breath from your level 3 Dragon Form. Cold Attack combined with Frost Breath reduces an enemy's damage output significantly and makes it hard for enemy heroes to disengage from a fight once they are attacked by Dragon Knight. It also provides a huge boost to health (increases overall survivability), intelligence (helps with your mana consumption), and agility (gives more attack speed and armor). provides a
- can be considered as a final luxury when your team is far ahead.
- a natural upgrade for which gives a good amount of strength as well as slowing both attack and movement speed of enemies when you blink near them.
- can be combined with to stay in Elder Dragon Form most of the time.
- Substantially increases DPS in team fights due to the AoE DoT and can also boost farming potential.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Durable Disabler Initiator Nuker|
|Playstyle:||As Sir Davion slew Slyrak in arranged combat, the Eldwurm's blood mingled with his own, sealing their essences together. He was no longer a dragon-slayer, but a Dragon Knight. The infusion of Dragon Blood caused his wounds to heal with inhuman speed, and granted him great new powers. While nowhere as grand as Slyrak, he found himself with the ability to Breathe Fire, immolating packs of foes at once. But when Davion took on his Elder Dragon Form, he became the Eldwurm itself, and upon his awestruck enemies he rained projectiles of acid, fire, and ice.|
- In DotA, Dragon Knight's fun name was Trogdor, a character that first appeared in episode 58 of the "Strong Bad e-mail" show on the website HomestarRunner.com.
- He also has an alternate name when he transforms with his ultimate in DotA, in which he is named "Arc Honist".
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Dragon Knight's sword in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Stout Shield.