The Dota 2 Workshop Tools is a set of software utilities that allows players to create their own custom game modes. The tools package must be installed to create or play any custom games.
- Right-click on Dota 2 in Steam and select View Downloadable Content.
- Check the box in the Install column next to Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC.
- Click Close. The required content will begin downloading.
- Launch Dota 2 in Steam.
- Click the Play tab and then select Custom Games.
- Click the Install button.
Launching the Tools
Once the download is complete, start Dota 2 and select Launch Dota 2 - Tools from the radial menu.
- Map editing and level design can be done using Valve's Hammer editor.
- Done through Valve's Panorama framework.