|Traps and silences foes in his static storm.|
|From upland Druud, the Stormcrafter known as Disruptor rides down on his stryder to meet those who threaten ancient Oglodi lands. On his back, he carries a device that lets him aim overloaded Thunder Strikes from the skies. The Stormcrafter is able to Glimpse his target back to an earlier location, and erects his Kinetic Field to confine them within a circular barrier. Magic dissipates inside Disruptor's Static Storm, leaving foes caught within no option but to await their own destruction.|
|Roles:||Support Disabler Nuker Initiator|
- Turning invulnerable or hidden does not stop Thunder Strike from hitting other units within the radius.
- Exposes the affected target, but does not provide True Sight over it.
- The strikes first apply the , then the damage.
- The persists through death. If the target dies, Thunder Strike continues to apply damage at its death location.
- Strikes the target in 2-second intervals, starting immediately as the debuff is placed, resulting in 4 ( ) strikes.
- Can deal up to 140/240/340/440 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- With the talent, it can deal up to damage.
- With the talent, it can deal up to damage.
- With both talents, it can deal up to damage.
- Provides 450 range flying vision for 3.34 seconds at the target's last location when the debuff expires or is removed.
- Successive casts on the same unit do not stack, but only refresh the duration.
, each strike also buffs allies within the area, increasing their movement and attack speed.
- Multiple instances of the buff do not stack.
- Glimpse does not instantly move the target back. A projectile spawns from the target which travels towards the mark.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 600, or reaches the mark in 1.8 seconds, whichever is faster.
- The projectile provides 400 range flying vision while traveling, which lingers for 3.34 seconds at the marked location.
- If the target was dead for more than 4 seconds, the target gets moved to the team's fountain instead.
- The location at which the target lands after Glimpse is marked with a blue visual effect which is visible to everyone.
- Does not move spell immune units, but can move invulnerable units.
- The target is given a stop command as soon as it is moved back, effectively canceling channeling abilities.
- With the talent, Glimpse also deals damage to the target upon reaching the marked location.
- Does not disjoint projectiles for the target upon teleporting them.
- Cannot be cast on creep-heroes.
- The effect delay is not included in the field's duration. The actual duration starts right after the delay.
- The visual and sound effects during the effect delay are visible and audible to everyone.
- Provides 350 range ground vision at the center of the area for 5.5 seconds upon cast
- Stops enemies by slowing them with a movement speed slow aura. The aura has a radius of 408 and is centered on the field.
- The slow gets exponentially stronger towards the visible barrier, which has a 350 radius.
- This effectively causes enemy units touching the barrier to come to halt.
- The slow is only present when facing towards the barrier. Units at the barrier facing away from it are not slowed.
- The aura's effect lingers for 0.5 seconds, resulting in an effective duration of 3.1/3.7/4.3/4.9 ( ) seconds.
- Since the slow is fluctuating a lot, it is not displayed in the HUD.
- Besides preventing enemies from walking in or out of the area, the following movement abilities are unable to pass the barrier either:
- , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- The silence is provided by an aura, its effects do not linger.
- The damage on each instance is determined by the given max damage per second, divided by max instance, then multiplied by the current instance count.
- Can deal up to 525/721.875/918.75 ( ) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- For how much damage Static Storm deals in each interval on each level, with the talent, please refer to the chart below.
- Provides 450 range flying vision at the center of the area for 5 ( ) seconds.
Static Storm Calculations
|Level||Static Storm Damage at nth Interval|
Main Article: Disruptor/Changelogs
- Reduced mana cost from 130/140/150/160 to 125/130/135/140
- Reduced damage per strike from 45/70/95/120 to 35/60/85/110.
- Reduced mana cost from 100 on each level to 55/70/85/100.
- Reduced cooldown from 48/38/28/18 to 24/22/20/18.
- Old: Increases radius by 410 and allows it to be cast on allies, following them and applying the damage and slow around them. Increases the targeted ally's movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 75 for 1.25 seconds on each strike.
- New: Increases radius to 450 and makes it grant allies within the radius 25% movement speed and 50 attack speed for 1.5 seconds on each strike.
- gives health sustain so that you can last longer in lane without going back to base.
- also restores health in lane.
- will allow Disruptor to maintain his mana pool in the laning stage. His mediocre base intelligence and static mana costs mean that casting spells in the early game will cost a disproportionately large amount of mana, so keeping it topped up in the early game can allow you to set up kills for your team more easily.
- is cheap, boosts Disruptor's low base attributes, as well as builds into Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- provides map vision and allow allies to make use of knowledge of the enemies' movements. Disruptor can benefit from having vision over enemies, as Glimpse has a long cast range at high level.
- allow him to escape pursuing enemies, or to close in to use Glimpse, as at early levels it has a low cast range.
- provides burst health and mana for any heroes to use their abilities.
- provides attributes and increases charge storage for cheap.
- increase the size of Disruptor's mana pool and give him a way to replenish his mana for using abilities.
- is easier to build than Blink Dagger, and can reposition himself, allies, or enemies. The extra intelligence also gives Disruptor a bigger mana pool to work with.
- allows Disruptor to get closer to initiate on enemies, and allows him to provide the same benefit to allied initiators. It can also protect allies when escaping with increased magic resistance and invisibility.
- mute enemies on top of the silence, meaning that they cannot use abilities or items, such as , as long as they stay within the area of effect. allows Static Storm to
- , built from Arcane Boots and Mekansm, restore both mana and health to allies, as well as dispelling debuffs off of Disruptor that may be hindering him from contributing to teamfights.
- 's True Sight combines with Kinetic Field's ground vision to allow Disruptor to reveal enemy wards.
- provides attributes and mana regeneration that helps maintain his mana pool. The active adds more damage during ganks, or to heal teammates.
- provide passive health regeneration to ensure that Disruptor is almost always at full health. The increased movement speed allows him to position for using abilities, allowing him to gank better.
- gives Disruptor more armor and mana regeneration. The active lowers the armor of gank targets, or gives an ally increased armor in a fight. It can also targets Roshan to help your team claim the Aegis of the Immortal faster.
- allows Disruptor to close the distance instantly and works well with his short cast animation to disable the enemies before they can react.
- gives Disruptor attributes and armor. The active lowers enemy magic resistance, benefitting Static Storm and allied magical nukes.
- improves his mana pool and gives him mana regeneration, while the movement speed increases his mobility, allowing him to position for his abilities. He can use the active on himself to dispel debuffs, such as silences, or on the enemies to set up Kinetic Field.
- root enemies from afar, setting up Kinetic Field to further limit their movements. The low cooldowns on Cripple and Kinetic Field allow Disruptor to use this combination often. improves Disruptor's attributes and gives him more mana for using abilities. The active's long cast range allows him
- has great synergy with Disruptor's combo. Kinetic Field traps enemies inside the target area, and Meteor Hammer's stun in turn pins enemies inside Static Storm.
- offers Disruptor and teammates magic resistance, as well as the ability to absorb magical damage, giving them an edge in fights.
- boosts Disruptor intelligence and armor; the aura can hinder enemy physical attacks by reducing their attack speed, and the active can slow enemies' movement speed, helping Kinetic Field to trap them in.
- provides Disruptor with a hard disable, something he otherwise lacks. Besides the overall attribute improvement, especially in intelligence, using hex on a target will brings their movement speed to a crawl while silencing and muting them at the same time, serving as a great leading disable before using Kinetic Field and Static Storm.
- When first released in DotA his hero title was actually "Far Seer" which is a hero title belonging to the Orc faction in Warcraft III. His title was changed to Disruptor, since the Far Seer title did not fit him.
- In DotA, his name and title is Thrall, the Disruptor. Thrall is best known as the former warchief of the Orcish Horde in the Warcraft universe. His name and title got changed to Disruptor, the Stormcrafter for copyright reasons.
- Disruptor's lore reveals that his race is called the Oglodi, while his voice lines confirm that and are of the same race as he is.
- His kill response ▶️ "You've been disrupted." is a reference to the famous AC-DC song "Thunderstruck".
- His last hitting response ▶️ "So it goes." is a reference to a famous quote by Kurt Vonnegut in his book Slaughterhouse-Five, and is meant as a response for when death occurs.
- In Disruptors Splash art you can see the silhouette of Nyx Assassin in the background.