For the neutral item, see Stygian Desolator.
|A wicked weapon, used in torturing political criminals.|
- Grants a total of 70 flat bonus attack damage at max charges.
- Fully stack with the following:
- talents. from
- and .
- Successive attacks with Desolator do not stack the debuff, but refresh the duration instead.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own damage.
- Replaces the projectile particle of ranged heroes with a red projectile.
- Does not stack with the armor reduction of
- If both debuffs are present, Blight Stone's debuff does not reduce armor.
- Gains 2 charges whenever an enemy hero affected by the debuff dies in any way.
- When having multiple Desolators in the active inventory, only the one acquired first gains charges.
- If multiple players have Desolator and attack the same target, whoever refreshed the debuff as last gets the charges.
- The item does not need to be in the inventory to gain charges, it gains them no matter where it is.
- The number of charges are bound to the item, not the player. Selling and re-buying the item does not carry over the charges.
- The number of current charges is visible on the item icon.
- Illusions are able to push buildings much more quickly, as well as enemy heroes with the benefit of Desolator's armor reduction. , his clone, and his
- sometimes buys a Desolator to land one hard hit on enemies with , debuffing them in teamfights before retreating.
- sometimes opts for a Desolator to reduce an opponents armor before using .
- can use Desolator to reduce the armor of every unit hit by and increase its damage output.
- 's low damage benefits from Desolator's armor reduction.
- hits exceptionally hard with after Desolator's armor reduction.
- 's damage through is greatly increased with Desolator's armor reduction.
Generally heroes who already has armor reduction abilities will benefit from the extra armor reduction of Corruption:
- buildings, making it a great pushing tool. Split-pushing heroes can benefit a lot from it, allowing them to take towers down much quicker. works against
- The debuff lasts quite long, so sometimes it is better to get the debuff on multiple enemies, instead of focusing only one target in team fights.
- This item was named "Stygian Desolator" in DotA, a reference to an item from Anarchy Online. This name is now used by an upgraded version of the Desolator, which drops as a neutral item.
Main Article: Desolator/Changelogs
- Reduced max charges from 25 to 20.
- Reduced attack damage bonus from 55 to 50.
- new passive ability.
- Gains attack damage every time an enemy hero dies while affected by Corruption.
- Max charges: 25
- Charge per kill: 2
- Attack damage bonus per charge: 1
- Notes: Works by using item charges. Gains charges whenever a debuff enemy hero dies, no matter how.