Krobelus, the Death Prophet, is a ranged intelligence hero who excels at pushing lanes. She is often played in the mid lane, since her Crypt Swarm gives her strong magic damage that can be spammed to her heart's content. As she levels her ultimate, Exorcism, Death Prophet can deal a huge amount of damage to towers and heroes alike, while healing at the end of the duration. If Exorcism's own heal isn't enough, she still has Spirit Siphon which drains health based on the target's health and can even be used on multiple targets at the same time. Finally, her Silence gives her a powerful tool to disable enemy casters and heroes that rely on escape abilities. Because she can deal large amounts of damage over time with her ultimate and Crypt Swarm, Death Prophet is mostly built as a tank, to ensure she can continue to stay in the fight.
- When targeting a unit, the Crypt Swarm is released towards its current location upon cast.
- Crypt Swarm travels at a speed of 1100, taking 0.74 seconds to travel the full distance.
- With the travel distance and end radius, Crypt Swarm can hit units up to 1110 range away.
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Applies a debuff on enemies within the area on cast, entering or leaving the area afterwards has no effect.
- Upon learning, Death Prophet instantly gains charges. However, leveling it up further does not instantly grant the other charges.
- The link breaks only when the target gets out of range or dies.
- The health restored on Death Prophet is independent from the actual amount of damage dealt.
- This means even if the target takes no damage at all, Death Prophet still gets healed.
- Drains 3.5 + 0.25%/0.625%/1%/1.375% ( ) of the enemy's max health in 0.25-second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 24 instances.
- Cannot be cast on units which already are affected by Spirit Siphon.
- Cannot be cast on .
- Does not provide vision over the target. However, the link does not break upon losing vision.
- When losing vision over the target, the link visually draws to the location where the target was seen last time.
- With fear on the target on the second of the link's duration.
, Spirit Siphon applies
- The fear relies on the on Death Prophet, not on the on the target, so even if the debuff gets dispelled, the fear is still applied.
- Cannot apply the fear if the target is invulnerable, hidden, or spell immune on the second.
- Spirit Siphon's fear makes affected enemies run away from the caster, rather than make them run towards their team's fountain.
- The spirits are spawned from Death Prophet in 0.35-second intervals, starting immediately on cast, taking 2.45/5.25/8.05 ( ) seconds for all spirits to be released.
- The spirits are not units and cannot be interacted with, or affected by anything in any way.
- Spirits move at a speed of 525, roam around and automatically attack nearby enemies within the 700 radius around Death Prophet.
- They can only turn by moving in approximately 150 radius arcs.
- Spirits choose their target randomly, but prioritize units Death Prophet is attacking currently.
- Once having chosen a target, a spirit sticks to that target until the target dies, gets out of range, or until Death Prophet starts attacking a new target.
- A spirit's ongoing chase cannot be canceled. A spirit only stops chasing its target after reaching it, or when the distance gets greater than 1900.
- Although chasing for much further, the spirits cannot damage units which are 1200 range away from Death Prophet.
- After each attack, the spirits need to return to Death Prophet before being able to attack again.
- The spirits can attack every attackable enemy unit, including buildings, wards, and units inside the Fog of War, but not invisible units.
- The spirits do not actually attack their targets, but rather Exorcism simply deals damage to the targets upon reaching them.
- When a spirit gets 2000 range away from Death Prophet, it disappears and then respawns from Death Prophet.
- Reappearing spirits are still bound to the spawn interval, so when multiple spirits disappear, they do not reappear simultaneously on Death Prophet.
- The spirits heal Death Prophet upon returning once Exorcism's duration is up. They do not heal her upon returning after each attack.
- The heal amount per spirit is based on their damage value, and not on how much damage they actually dealt.
- This means upon having fully returned, a spirit heals Death Prophet by 14.75-16 for each attack it did, regardless of how much damage the enemies actually took.
- Recasting Exorcism causes the previous cast to end prematurely, making the spirits start returning to Death Prophet and heal her.
upgrade works specifically only with Death Prophet's basic abilities, , , and .
- A spirit is spawned for every enemy hit by Crypt Swarm and Silence, for every Spirit Siphon target, and for enemies (including buildings, excluding wards) hit by Death Prophet's regular attacks.
- If Spirit Siphon is blocked with Spell Block, or if her attack is evaded or disjointed, no spirit spawns.
- For , this means it only works for his attacks, or with a properly timed Crypt Swarm, stealing Exorcism while the projectile still travels.
- For Ability Draft, this means spirits do not spawn for any other drafted abilities.
- The spirits spawned behave like the spirits from a regular cast, meaning they still use the max distances, and have the same move behaviors.
- These spirits deal damage, and therefore also heal for health upon returning.
- These spirits can chase their targets for up to seconds before giving up and returning to Death Prophet.
|+6% Movement Speed||15||+0.8% Max Health|
|+12% Magic Resistance||10||+30 Damage|
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- Increases Death Prophet's magic resistance to 34%.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage.
- Does not benefit illusions and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Reduced mana cost from 85/110/135/160 to 80/95/110/125.
- Reduced attack animation point from 0.56 to 0.5.
- Reduced base attack damage from 27-39 to 23-33.
- Reduced movement speed from 335 to 320.
- Reduced cast backswing from 0.87 to 0.5.
- Old: Causes to drain 0.75 armor per second from the target. The armor gain/loss lasts 14 seconds, starting from cast begin.
- New: Increases fear enemies for 2 seconds if they are affected by it for 4 seconds. number of charges by 1 and causes it to
- Increased movement speed from 310 to 335.
- Increased turn rate from 0.5 to 0.8.
- No longer increases/reduces the caster's/target's movement speed by 4%/6%/8%/10%.
- Reduced charge replenish time from 45/40/35/30 to 36/34/32/30.
- Increased spirits movement speed from 500 to 525.
upgrade for :
- Causes to drain 0.75 armor per second from the target. The armor gain/loss lasts 14 seconds, starting from cast begin.
- Level 25 right talent changed: grants 550 speed haste ➜ -20s charge replenish time.
- allows Death Prophet to keep using Crypt Swarm.
- provides health regeneration to keep Death Prophet in lane.
- also restores health.
- gives intelligence that boosts mana pool and attack damage to last hit; Death Prophet can use it with Tango to heal more.
- ganking early. allows Death Prophet to be more efficient at
- is generally good to pick up because even minimum charges can mean the difference between casting a spell or not.
- increases Death Prophet's mana pool, as well as giving some extra health and damage.
- have strong synergy with Death Prophet's movement speed.
- is a fairly inexpensive upgrade to the early and that provides an extra heal.
- is an amazing item on Death Prophet because it gives movement speed, mana, and a way to disable an enemy or herself. When paired with Exorcism, Death Prophet can be kept out of combat while her spirits do massive damage to enemies.
- gives Death Prophet bonus damage and sustain for a relatively cheap cost, lessening her dependence on Exorcism.
- allows Death Prophet to use her abilities more frequently in fights, and reduces the time she has to wait between fights for Exorcism to come off cooldown.
- gives a boost to HP as well as the ability to get in the middle of team fights, giving Exorcism the most damage potential.
- significantly increases Death Prophet's durability against magic damage, as well as allowing her to recover health in fights with her abilities.
- provides exceptional mana regeneration, spell amp, and spell lifesteal, allowing Death Prophet to stay in fights longer and freely use Crypt Swarm to farm and push lanes.
- gives good attribute boosts for the price as well as even more movement and attack speed for her team, and generally should have one person buy this item on your team in almost any situation because the buff can win team fights.
- is a notable pick up because of the health regeneration as well as magic resistance, and when paired with , Death Prophet can turn around a losing fight, or create a strong initiation.
- slows and makes Exorcism do a lot more damage to a single target, as well as providing mana regeneration, armor, and attributes, which Death Prophet wants.
- is fairly easy for Death Prophet to farm because of Crypt Swarm being a fast farming tool, and her ability to take towers in seconds with Exorcism. Assault Cuirass gives a lot of armor and attack speed to herself and her team, as well as reducing the enemy's armor, allowing Exorcism to do even more damage in engagements and pushes.
- gives Death Prophet another nuke, as well as a larger mana pool and a lot of armor, both of which she needs.
- gives a full disable as well as a larger mana pool.
- allows Death Prophet to stay in team-fights much longer.
- improves Death Prophet's damage output and lessens the strain on her mana pool. Can be built into .
- gives bonus stats, keeps enemies within range of Death Prophet's spells, and makes it easier to land Silence.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||Denied her own death time and again, Krobelus returns from the grave with skills acquired from the beyond. Gathering a Crypt Swarm, she sends forth a flock of winged beasts to harass the living. A pall of Silence falls over the land, stifling any objection as she Spirit Siphons her enemies dry. Mortals beware. The Death Prophet performs an Exorcism, unleashing the banshee remnants of her previous lives to turn the battlefield into her own haunted ground.|
- At some point, she, along with and , had her costume and ability color palettes changed. Before, Death Prophet's garments and ability icons were more purple in color.
- The icon for her old ability, Witchcraft, shows a pentacle, a symbol that became associated with magic in the Middle Ages and traditionally used in witchcraft.
The International 2014 artwork