Dazzle, the Shadow Priest, is a ranged intelligence hero who conjures dazzling dark light to heal his allies and prevent their deaths. His Shadow Wave is a low-cooldown nuke and chain healing ability, dealing more damage to nearby enemies for each ally the wave heals. Shallow Grave makes an ally temporarily unkillable, allowing Dazzle's teammates to survive impossible situations. Poison Touch is a spammable ability that slows its target and deals damage over time. His ultimate, Bad Juju, allows for all of his spells and items to be used more frequently, while also causing his spells to temporarily reduce his enemies' armor.
A hard support with little item dependence, Dazzle's Shadow Wave nevertheless gives him the option to farm or push waves when he needs to. He also scales well into the late game, as unlike most supports his spells deal physical damage, and all of them but Poison Touch pierces spell immunity. Loyal priest of the shining shadows, Dazzle will save you time and time again.
- Poison Touch's projectiles travel at a speed of 1300.
- With the starting radius, distance, and end radius, Poison Touch can hit units up to 1000 range away.
- The complete area is shaped like a cone in front of Dazzle.
- The area starts in front of Dazzle, and not at the primary target's position.
- Targets within the cone area are not chosen randomly. It chooses the closest valid targets to the primary target within the cone.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting immediately, resulting in 5/6/7/8 damage instances when not refreshed.
- Can deal up to 80/168/280/416 ( ) damage to each target when not refreshed (before reductions).
- The duration gets refreshed whenever Dazzle lands an attack on the debuffed unit. Missed attacks do not refresh it.
- Refreshing it also increases the movement speed slow value by 2%/2.5%/3%/3.5% each time. This has no stack limit.
- This is how much movement speed one instance of Poison Touch reduces when refreshed 8 times on each level:
- Multiple instances of Poison Touch fully stack.
effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 19.98/17.76/15.54/13.32
- Level 2: 16.74/14.88/13.02/11.16
- Level 3: 13.5/12/10.5/9
- With hexed on projectile impact, setting their base movement speed to , silencing, muting and disarming them.
, enemies are
- The hex is only applied once upon projectile impact. It is not applied upon refreshing the debuff with attacks.
- The main debuff and the hex are applied at the same time, so after the hex the target is still slowed for seconds.
- Poison Touch first applies its main debuff, then the hex debuff.
- Prevents the target from dying by setting its minimum health to 1.
- This means the target cannot die to damage, not even damage flagged as HP removal, so that it prevents the target from dying to 's delayed damage.
- Does not protect the target against expiring. 's kill threshold, or
- Stops from shattering the target when graved while below the shatter threshold.
- Damage taken is technically not reduced, so any damage event still registers the full damage.
- With the level 20 talent, losing the in any way heals the target for health.
effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 26.64/22.2/17.76/13.32
- Level 2: 22.32/18.6/14.88/11.16
- Level 3: 18/15/12/9
- Shadow Wave has no bounce delay, so all targets are healed at the same time.
- Shadow Wave has the following priorites: Hurt allied heroes ➤ hurt allied non-hero units (includes illusions) ➤ allied heroes ➤ non-hero units.
- The lower the health of nearby allies, the higher their priority. This means the lowest health units get healed first.
- If multiple units meet the exact same criteria (e.g. only full health non-hero units are within range), it chooses between them randomly.
- Regardless of the target, Dazzle is always healed without counting towards the number of bounces, effectively healing 4/5/6/7 units.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Can heal and damage up to 320/500/720/980 ( ) health when all bounces hit (before reductions).
- The damage radius is centered around each healed unit. An enemy unit can get damaged by all healed units per cast.
effectively reduces cooldown to:
- Level 1: 10.36/8.88/7.4/5.92
- Level 2: 8.68/7.44/6.2/4.96
- Level 3: 7/6/5/4
- With basic dispel on Dazzle and all healed allies. , Shadow Wave applies a
- Multiple sources of percentage-based cooldown reductions do not stack. The highest value takes priority.
- Reduces enemies' armor before the triggering ability takes effect.
- Does not trigger on active item abilities, on abilities with 0 cooldown, or on abilities which do not trigger on-cast effects.
- Places one debuff on enemies. This debuff gets stronger when it gets refreshed with successive casts.
- A number on the icon shows how many times the debuff was refreshed, including the first cast.
|+40DPS||20||+250 Heal OnEnd|
|+60 Attack Speed||15||+20 Strength|
|+1.75 Mana Regen||10||+50 Damage|
- Increased attack range from 550 to 575.
- Level 20 left talent: +36 damage per second increased to +40.
- Reduced base agility from 21 to 20.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
- Duration now only gets refreshed by the caster's attacks, instead of any attack.
- Movement speed slow now increases by 2%/2.5%/3%/3.5% each time the debuff gets refreshed.
- Increased base movement speed slow from 14%/16%/18%/20% to 16%/18%/20%/22%.
- Reduced mana cost from 150 on each level to 120/130/140/150.
- allows Dazzle to survive against enemy harass damage so that he is not forced to retreat out of lane and leave his lane partner vulnerable.
- also restores health to Dazzle or allies.
- provides cost-effective attributes. It can build into Magic Wand, or combines with Tango for more health regeneration.
- allows Dazzle to replenish his mana in lane, which in turn sustain his spell-casting, most importantly Shadow Wave to heal his ally.
- provides map vision and information to make gameplay decisions, allowing teammates to engage in fights on their terms or to avoid enemy ganks.
- gives Dazzle burst health and mana. Staying alive long enough to cast one more spell in a fight can make a significant difference.
- is crucial to purchase as early as possible on all heroes. In Dazzle's case, positioning is crucial for being able to cast his spells, and the additional movement speed allows him to chase down foes after inflicting them with Poison Touch.
- has great synergy with Dazzle's abilities. It provides its fair bit of cost-effective stats. The Urn charges allow Dazzle to heal teammates alongside Shadow Wave, or to add more damage during ganks and fights.
- , assembled from earlier Magic Stick and Iron Branch, provides extra attributes and charge storage to increase Dazzle survivability and longevity in fights.
- greatly synergizes with Dazzle's abilities, all of which deal physical damage. It provides additional armor for survivability and scaling mana regeneration, while the active can work alongside Bad Juju to further augment allies' armor or further debilitate that of his foes.
- improves the size of his mana pool, allowing him to use more abilities, and allows him to replenish the mana of himself and his teammates, further boosting his ability to support his team.
- provides Dazzle with all-around attributes as well as armor, and allows him to further heal his teammates alongside Shadow Wave, lengthening their lifespans in fights.
- , upgraded from Medallion of Courage, improves the item's effectiveness in all areas. The increased mana regen further allows Dazzle to take advantage of his high intelligence growth, while the increased attack and movement speed is extremely helpful for allied carries.
- , upgraded from Urn of Shadows, provides more useful bonuses like movement speed and health, as well as granting the ability to reduce the health regen of targets.
- , upgraded from Arcane Boots and , restores health and mana to allies and removes debuffs from Dazzle. The Guardian Aura greatly boosts the survival of Dazzle's team, particularly when they are at low health, giving Dazzle a larger window with which to use Shallow Grave.
- increases Dazzle's armor, improving survivability, and gives him bonus health and mana regeneration for self-sustain. Echo Shell lets Dazzle dispel debuffs from a target ally and bounce enemy unit-targeted abilities back against them. It may discourage enemies from casting spells against important allies, or can be combined with Shallow Grave to help improve survivability.
- s are important to purchase alongside Observer Wards, for taking away enemy map vision or spotting out invisible enemy heroes.
- improves Dazzle's survivability in the face of overwhelming physical damage. Besides providing all-around attributes, it temporarily renders him immune to physical damage, allowing him to buy himself time to cast his spells.
- is a good utility item that helps Dazzle to further protect his teammates. Besides boosting his magic resistance slightly to provide survivability against magic nukes, using the active on a teammate who is being focused can buy them time to run away while greatly boosting their magic resistance. It can also be combined with Shallow Grave, greatly improving Dazzle's chances of successfully saving a teammate's life.
- is a very strong support purchase that further augment's Dazzle's protective capabilities. It improves the size of Dazzle's mana pool while also providing HP regen for self-sustain. Besides allowing him to quickly re-position himself to cast his spells, casting the active on a fleeing teammate that is under the protection of Shallow Grave can immediately push them to safety, further guaranteeing their survival.
- is a very strong utility item that can be obtained relatively cheaply. The improved intelligence and powerful scaling mana regen allow Dazzle to easily cast his spells whenever he needs to, while the improved base movement speed helps with positioning and chasing down or fleeing enemies. The active allows Dazzle to give himself temporary invulnerability while also dispelling debuffs from himself, or can be used to disable enemies while removing buffs, particularly if they are attempting to chase down and kill one of Dazzle's allies.
- is a cheap and easily built item that grants all-around attributes. The active gives his team extra movement and attack speed in fights.
- is a situationally strong utility item that further improves Dazzle's ability to protect his team. The vastly improved health regeneration and magic resistance also make Dazzle himself much harder to eliminate in fights, allowing him to always be ready to protect his teammates.
- root enemies from long distance. is a strong utility support item that improves Dazzle's survivability and disabling potential. It greatly improves Dazzle's HP pool while also providing a large amount of intelligence to improve his mana pool. The active allows Dazzle to
- is a good utility item that increases Dazzle's teamfight contribution. It provides Dazzle with a large amount of armor, boosting his survivability, as well as intelligence to increase the size of his mana pool. Freezing Aura reduces enemies' attack speed, debilitating their ability to harm Dazzle's team with physical attacks, while Arctic Blast deals damage and slows in an area around Dazzle, stacking alongside Poison Touch and allowing teammates to more easily group around them for an offensively cast Shadow Wave.
- is a very powerful item to purchase on any support hero, gold permitting. It provides all-around attributes as well as a large amount of intelligence and mana regen, increasing Dazzle's overall resilience and ensuring that he will never run out of mana. The Hex allows him to hard-disable a target enemy at range, greatly improving his contribution to teamfights.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||A journey to the Nothl realm changes all its visitors, not least of which Dazzle, a young acolyte of the Dezun order. Consecrated as a Shadow Priest, Dazzle sends outs Shadow Waves to mend and maim. Foes are crippled by his Poison Touch, while allies are blessed with Shallow Grave, cheating death no matter how severe their injuries. Enemies within earshot of his incantations feel their bodies weaken, for those who cross Dazzle are invariably afflicted with an eternity of Bad Juju.|
- Dazzle's weapon is based on the khakkhara, a type of staff carried by Buddhist priests.
- The current version of Dazzle was created in 6.39 (upon release, Weave was a regular ability while Shallow Grave was his ultimate), but there was another version of Dazzle, which was released in 6.00. However, this old version of the Shadow Priest only lasted for 3 version, as he was removed in 6.03. He was considered a "filler hero".
- Upon his release in 6.00, his name was Razzle, the Shadow Priest. His Title, Shadow Priest, and his abilities Priest, a playable class from World of Warcraft, a title from Blizzard Entertainment. The Priest class is able to assume a Shadow Form, turning it into a Shadow Priest and has several abilities named Shadow Word and Power Word, from which some have a similar effect to Razzle's spells. and are most likely a reference to the
Model and icons before November 21, 2013 Patch