|Leaps to aid her allies, wherever they are on the map.|
|Dawnbreaker shines of Luminosity in the heart of battle, happily crushing her enemies like a Starbreaker with her Celestial Hammer and healing nearby allies. She revels in hurling her hammer through multiple foes and then Converging with it in a blazing wake, always waiting to tap her true cosmic power as a Solar Guardian to fly to the aid of her teammates — eager to rout her enemies on the battlefield no matter where they are.|
- Starbreaker cannot be cast while the hammer is out due to
- and Celestial Hammer cannot be cast while Starbreaker is active.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically casts it towards the current facing direction.
- During Starbreaker, Dawnbreaker gets moved towards the targeted direction at a speed of 215.
- The movement is paused by other sources of non-disabling forced movement, but not interrupted.
- The movement is also paused once Dawnbreaker's path is blocked by a cliff, Barrier, or other pathing blocker.
- Can move Dawnbreaker a total distance of 236.5 over 1.1 seconds.
- Destroys trees coming in contact with during the forced movement.
- During the combo, Dawnbreaker is disarmed, and unable to move or turn.
- Items and abilities other than Solar Guardian and Celestial Hammer can be cast normally during the combo.
- Using mobility items or abilities does not cancel any aspect of Starbreaker.
- Starbreaker is canceled if Dawnbreaker gets stunned, cycloned, hexed, taunted, feared, or hypnotized during it.
- However, getting silenced does not cancel it.
- Causes Dawnbreaker to perform instant attacks on enemies within the swipe and smash radii.
- These instant attacks can proc any attack modifiers and on-hit effects normally, except for cleave.
- They also have True Strike, and completely ignore disarms.
- only gains 1 charge per instance, regardless of how many enemies got hit by instant attacks on each instance.
- Performs instant attacks in 0.55-second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 3 instances.
- The effects of the ability are independent from the whirling animation. All enemies are at the same time on each interval.
- The first 2 instances are applied within the 300 swipe radius around Dawnbreaker.
- These instances slow affected enemies' movement speed. The attacks first apply their damage, then the slow debuff.
- The last instance is applied within 300 radius and 250 range in front of Dawnbreaker.
- This instance applies the stun with a small 90-range knock-up.
- The attacks first apply their damage, then the stun/knockup debuff.
- The smash can hit units up to 550 range away from Dawnbreaker.
- The talent does not update the current cast of Starbreaker.
- Dawnbreaker gets stunned for 0.2 seconds upon performing the last smash attack of the combo.
- With spell immunity while active. Does not apply any dispel.
, Starbreaker grants Dawnbreaker
- Also unlocks Dawnbreaker's movement while active, allowing her to move normally, instead of using forced movement.
- However, her facing angle remains locked, meaning she cannot turn until it is finished.
- Movement orders ignore her facing direction while active, so that she can also move backwards.
- However, other orders like items and abilities still require her to face towards the ordered direction.
- Stops destroying trees around Dawnbreaker once upgraded.
- Acquiring Aghanim's Shard while Starbreaker is active does not update the current cast.
- Despite visually using Dawnbreaker's weapon, she is not disarmed and her attack is not modified in any way while Celestial Hammer is active.
- and cannot be cast while the hammer is out due to Celestial Hammer.
- The hammer travels at a speed of 1500 and until reaching the targeted point or the max distance within 0.67/0.73/0.8/0.87 ( ) seconds.
- Upon returning, the hammer travels at a speed of 1500, or until reaching Dawnbreaker within 1.5 seconds, whichever is faster.
- The hammer provides 200 radius flying vision at the destination point upon reaching it, which lasts 1 second.
- The hammer destroys trees and hits enemies that come within 200 range of it as it travels.
- If an enemy gets within 200 range of the hammer, all enemies within 200 range of the hammer get damaged.
- Each enemy may get damaged by the hammer only once upon flying towards the destination, and once again upon returning.
- This means the hammer can deal 120/180/240/300 impact damage to each enemy.
- The hammer only returns when having the
- When losing the modifier by dying, the hammer disappears after the pause, instead of returning.
- The fire trail is created along the path the hammer takes upon returning. It lasts 2.5 seconds from the moment it is created.
- This means the fire created at the starting location disappears earlier than the fire created at the ending location.
- The fire provides an aura that places a debuff on enemies within its 200 radius. The aura's debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The debuff deals 10/15/20/25 damage in 0.5-second intervals, starting immediately upon being placed.
- This results in up to 7 possible instances.
- Can deal up to 70/105/140/175 damage within the area for the entire duration.
- With , both the hammer and Dawnbreaker create the fire trail behind them as they move.
- The talent immediately upgrades all currently active fire trails, but not already placed debuffs.
- Replaces until the sub-ability is used, the hammer returns to Dawnbreaker, or until Dawnbreaker dies.
- Interrupts Dawnbreaker's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Goes on a 0.25-second cooldown right after Celestial Hammer is cast, this is to prevent accidental double-casts prematurely ending the ability.
- Moves Dawnbreaker towards her hammer at a speed of 1500.
- Cannot move Dawnbreaker for more than the max distance value of 1000/1100/1200/1300 ( ).
- Converge gets canceled if Dawnbreaker gets stunned, cycloned, feared, or hypnotized during it. Other disables do not cancel it.
- Both the hammer and Dawnbreaker create the fire trail behind them as they move.
- Each successful attack done on an enemy hero or creep adds one to the attack counting buff.
- Luminosity gains 1 charge per instance of , no matter how many enemies got hit by the instance.
- The is always present, but it is hidden when at 0 charges.
- Once the counter reaches 3 ( ), Dawnbreaker gains the .
- This buff causes the next attack to be a critical strike, to lifesteal, and to heal nearby allies.
- Nearby allies are healed for a percentage of the lifesteal value, so they are healed for 15%/20%/25%/30%.
- When the attack target is a non-hero unit, the lifesteal value is reduced to 15%/20%/25%/30%.
- This means for allies, it is further reduced to 7.5%/10%/12.5%/15%.
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- Neither the charges nor the attack buff have a duration and last indefinitely.
- However, the attack buff is dispeled upon death.
- Upon losing the attack buff, the charges get reset as well.
- The powered up attack first heals Dawnbreaker, then nearby allies, then applies its critical damage.
- Luminosity has an ensured critical strike, crits with a lower value have no effect if they proc, since the higher crit value takes priority.
- Stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- The healing value on Dawnbreaker and her allies counts as lifesteal, and is affected by Dawnbreaker's lifesteal amplification.
- Solar Guardian cannot be cast while is active, or while the hammer is out due to .
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets the cursor's current location.
- Upon targeting, automatically searches for the closest valid target to teleport to within 1400 range of the targeted point.
- Once targeted, the destination is locked, it does not follow the target.
- While channeling, Dawnbreaker cannot act, so that she cannot manually cancel the channeling.
- The channeling can still be canceled normally via disables applied by other units.
- Once the channeling succeeds, Dawnbreaker also turns invulnerable, spell immune, unselectable, and still cannot act.
- Once reaching this state, it cannot be interrupted anymore.
- Dawnbreaker quickly ascents upwards until no longer visible, and stays in the air for the full flight duration.
- Upon reaching the half mark of the flight duration, she gets teleported towards the center of the destination.
- Towards the end of the flight time, she quickly descents back onto the ground, and applies the landing effects.
- While channeling and during the flight duration, pulses are created at the targeted point. The pulses heal allies and deal damage to enemies within the effect radius.
- The visual and audio effects created at the targeted location are visible and audible to everyone.
- The healing and damaging pulses happen in 0.5-second intervals, starting immediately upon channel begin, resulting in 5 ( ) pulses.
- The heal does not affect Dawnbreaker herself, but does affect her units.
- Can heal and damage units for up to 225/350/475 ( ) health.
- At the end of the flight duration, enemies within 500 ( ) radius of Dawnbreaker are stunned and take the landing damage.
- With the landing damage and all pulses, can deal a total of 280/410/540 ( ) damage (before reductions).
- The landing first applies the damage, then the stun.
- The talent partially updates the current cast of Solar Guardian.
- The pulses during the channeling and flight are not updated. However, the radius for the landing damage and stun is.
- With the pulses at the destination area also apply a buff on allies with the same intervals as the heal.
partially upgrades the current cast of Solar Guardian.
- The pulses during the channeling and flight immediately start applying the higher heal value and the modifier.
- If acquired while channeling but before the flight begins, the flight uses the increased duration, and the sub-ability is granted.
- However, the pulses' duration does not update, so that the pulses use the default duration, but the flight uses the upgraded duration.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Replaces until the sub-ability is used or the flight duration ends.
Main Article: Dawnbreaker/Changelogs
- Reduced swipe radius from 360 to 300.
- Increased smash radius from 250 to 300.
- Increased swipe attack damage bonus from 20/30/40/50 to 25/40/55/70.
- Reduced smash attack damage bonus from 30/60/90/120 to 25/40/55/70.
- Increased mana cost from 80 to 100.
- Increased hammer search radius from 150 to 200.
- Reduced damage radius from 250 to 200.
- Increased fire trail radius from 150 to 200.
- Increased allied heal percentage from 35% to 50%.
- Now also allows Dawnbreaker to move during . [ ]
- Level 10 right talent changed: +30 swipe attack damage bonus ➜ +25 swipe/smash attack damage bonus.
- Level 15 right talent: +40% critical damage increased to +50%.
- Reduced swipe attack damage bonus from 25/35/45/55 to 20/30/40/50.
- Rescaled smash attack damage bonus from 40/65/90/115 to 30/60/90/120.
- Rescaled fire trail movement speed slow from 35% on each level to 24%/28%/32%/36%.
- gives you bonus damage against creeps.
- provides cheap attributes and can combine with Tango for the extra heal.
- helps Dawnbreaker stay in lane with health regeneration.
- also restores Dawnbreaker's health.
- provides passive health regeneration and burst mana for using abilities.
- adds to her decently high amount of base movement speed.
- provides attributes and a burst of health/mana to keep Dawnbreaker fighting.
- mana problem at the cost of her health points, which is easily mitigated by her . As a tanky right-clicking hero, the bonus strength and armor is always appreciated. solves her
- is very cost/stat efficient. Helps Dawnbreaker get around the map quicker.
- helps Dawnbreaker farm stacks quicker and applies a slow so enemies cant easily sidestep your . Also gives much needed mana regen.
- can amplify your healing while also giving you bonus damage and health. Later can be combined into either or .
- makes Dawnbreaker immune to most disables and nukes, both of which can easily interrupt two out of three of her active abilities which leave her vulnerable during casting.
- gives her excellent initiation ability, besides its obvious escape capabilities. It synergizes the most with her , since it doesn't interrupt the ability when used. Dawnbreaker can start it up once she sets her sight on an unaware enemy, leaving the first two strikes unused but uninterrupted, before blinking towards the opponent to land the third blow without telegraphing it. Can be upgraded into for its immense strength bonus which translates into the big damage dealt upon blinking, while slowing nearby enemies at your destination.
- is a no-brainer with its spell immunity during .
- covers the deficiencies of her poor agility growth which results in less armor and attack speed. The armor reduction aura is always welcome for a right-clicking hero, and the attack speed aura makes her omnipresence ever useful.
- gives cheap damage that makes your crits much more damaging and healing.
- lifesteal outside of your passive, and allows you to stay in the fight much longer to dish out healing crits. provides selfish
- is an alternative to Soul Ring if one does not wish to sacrifice health.
- with its DPS, armor reduction, and better slow when equipped on melee heroes is a good tool for an aggressive Dawnbreaker during the early game.
- Dawnbreaker is named "Valkyrie" within the internal game files.
- In some instances, she is also refered to as "Battle Maiden".
- is named "Fire Wreath" within the internal game files.
- is in some instances named "Solar Flare" within the game files.
- is in some instances named "Healing Touch" within the game files.
- is in some instances named "Elated Fury" within the game files.