Valora, the Dawnbreaker, is a melee strength hero that shines in the heart of battle, happily crushing enemies with her celestial hammer and using the energy released to heal nearby allies. At one with the mass of her weapon, she revels in hurling her hammer through multiple foes and then converging with it in a blazing wake. Created to rival ancient forces of chaos and darkness by descendants of the first light, Dawnbreaker only taps her true cosmic power to fly to the aid of her teammates — eager to rout her enemies on the battlefield no matter where they may be.
- Starbreaker cannot be cast while the hammer is out due to
- cannot be cast while Starbreaker is active.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically casts it towards the current facing direction.
- During Starbreaker, Dawnbreaker gets moved towards the targeted direction at a speed of 215.
- The movement is not interrupted by other sources of non-disabling forced movement. Starbreaker's movement resumes as soon as the other source finishes.
- Cannot move Dawnbreaker over cliffs, through Barriers, or through pathing blockers. Upon reaching any of these, the movement stops and the ability continues stationary.
- Can move Dawnbreaker a total distance of 236.5 over 1.1 seconds.
- Trees in the way are destroyed.
- During the combo, Dawnbreaker is disarmed, and unable to cast and .
- Starbreaker is canceled if Dawnbreaker gets stunned, cycloned, hexed, taunted, feared, or hypnotized during it.
- However, getting silenced does not cancel it.
- Causes Dawnbreaker to perform instant attacks on enemies within the swipe radius, and on enemies within the smash radius upon end.
- These instant attacks can proc any attack modifiers and on-hit effects normally, except for cleave. They have True Strike, and completely ignore disarms.
- only gains 1 charge per instance, regardless of how many enemies got hit by instant attacks on each instance.
- Performs instant attacks in 0.55-second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 3 instances.
- The actual effects of the ability are independent from the whirling animation of Dawnbreaker. All enemies are hit by the instant attacks at the same time on each interval.
- The first 2 instances are applied within the 360 radius around Dawnbreaker.
- These instances use the lesser attack damage bonus and apply a movement speed slow.
- The attacks first apply their damage, then the slow debuff.
- The talent does not update the current cast of Starbreaker.
- The last instance is applied within 250 radius and 250 range in front of Dawnbreaker.
- This instance uses the greater attack damage bonus and applies the stun with a small 90-range knock-up.
- The attacks first apply their damage, then the stun debuff.
- The smash can hit units up to 500 range away from Dawnbreaker.
- Dawnbreaker gets stunned for 0.2 seconds upon performing the last smash attack of the combo.
- With basic dispel on Dawnbreaker upon cast and grants her spell immunity while active.
, Starbreaker also applies a
- The spell immunity granted does not apply a spell immunity dispel on the target. Therefore certain debuffs (e.g. ) only dispellable by spell immunity are not removed.
- Acquiring Aghanim's Shard while Starbreaker is active immediately updates adds the spell immunity.
- Despite visually using Dawnbreaker's weapon, she is not disarmed and her attack is not modified in any way while Celestial Hammer is active.
- and cannot be cast while the hammer is out due to Celestial Hammer.
- The hammer travels at a speed of 1500 and until reaching the targeted point or the max distance within 0.67/0.73/0.8/0.87 ( ) seconds.
- Upon returning, the hammer travels at a speed of 1500, or until reaching Dawnbreaker within 1.5 seconds, whichever is faster.
- The hammer provides 150 radius flying vision at the destination point upon reaching it, which lasts 1 second.
- The hammer destroys trees within 150 range of it as it travels.
- The hammer hits every enemy that comes within 150 range of it as it travels.
- If an enemy gets within 150 range of the hammer, all enemies within 250 range of the hammer get damaged.
- Each enemy may get damaged by the hammer only once upon flying towards the destination, and once again upon returning.
- This means the hammer can deal 120/180/240/300 impact damage to each enemy.
- The hammer only returns when having the
- When losing the modifier by dying, the hammer disappears after the pause, instead of returning.
- The fire trail is created along the path the hammer takes upon returning. It lasts 2.5 seconds from the moment it is created.
- This means the fire created at the starting location disappears earlier than the fire created at the ending location.
- The fire provides an aura that places a debuff on enemies within its fire trail 150 radius. The aura debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The debuff deals 10/15/20/25 damage in 0.5-second intervals, starting immediately upon being placed.
- This results in up to 7 possible instances, and it can deal up to 70/105/140/175 damage within the area for the entire duration.
- With , both the hammer and Dawnbreaker create the fire trail behind them as they move.
- The talent immediately upgrades all currently active fire trails, but not already placed debuffs.
- Replaces until the sub-ability is used, the hammer returns to Dawnbreaker, or until Dawnbreaker dies.
- Interrupts Dawnbreaker's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Goes on a 0.25-second cooldown right after Celestial Hammer is cast, this is to prevent accidental double-casts prematurely ending the ability.
- Moves Dawnbreaker towards her hammer at a speed of 1500.
- Cannot move Dawnbreaker for more than the max distance value of 1000/1100/1200/1300 ( ).
- Converge gets canceled if Dawnbreaker gets stunned, cycloned, feared, or hypnotized during it. Other disables do not cancel it.
- Both the hammer and Dawnbreaker create the fire trail behind them as they move.
- Each successful attack done on an enemy hero or creep adds one to the attack counting buff.
- Luminosity gains 1 charge per instance of , no matter how many enemies got hit by the instance.
- The is always present, but it is hidden when at 0 charges.
- Once the counter reaches 3 ( ), Dawnbreaker gains the .
- This buff causes the next attack to be a critical strike, to lifesteal, and to heal nearby allies.
- Nearby allies are healed for a percentage of the lifesteal value, so they are healed for 10.5%/14%/17.5%/21%.
- When the attack target is a non-hero unit, the lifesteal value is reduced to 15%/20%/25%/30%.
- This means for allies, it is further reduced to 5.25%/7%/8.75%/10.5%.
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- Neither the charges nor the attack buff have a duration and last indefinitely.
- However, the attack buff is dispeled upon death.
- Upon losing the attack buff, the charges get reset as well.
- The powered up attack first heals Dawnbreaker, then nearby allies, then applies its critical damage.
- Luminosity has an ensured critical strike, crits with a lower value have no effect if they proc, since the higher crit value takes priority.
- Stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- The healing value on Dawnbreaker and her allies counts as lifesteal, and is affected by lifesteal amplification, but only if the amplification is sourced to Dawnbreaker.
Solar Guardian healing increased, channeling time reduced to 1 second and total duration increased to 6 seconds. Causes allies in the destination area to have 60% evasion while Dawnbreaker is airborne. Solar Guardian can be cast again after take off to land early.
- Solar Guardian cannot be cast while is active, while the hammer is out due to or returning by using the sub-ability.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets the cursor's current location.
- Upon targeting, automatically searches for the closest valid target to teleport to within 1400 range of the targeted point.
- Once targeted, the destination stays the same. It does not follow the target.
- While channeling, Dawnbreaker cannot act, so that she cannot manually cancel the channeling.
- The channeling can still be canceled normally via disables applied by other units.
- Once the channeling succeeds, Dawnbreaker also turns invulnerable, spell immune, unselectable, and still cannot act.
- Once reaching this state, it cannot be interrupted anymore.
- Dawnbreaker gets quickly moved upwards until no longer visible, and stays in the air for the full flight duration.
- Upon reaching the half mark of the flight duration, she gets teleported towards the center of the destination.
- Towards the end of the flight time, she quickly descents back onto the ground, and applies the landing effects.
- While channeling and during the flight duration, pulses are created at the targeted point. The pulses heal allies and deal damage to enemies within the area.
- The visual effect created at the chosen location and the audio are visible and audible to everyone.
- The healing and damaging pulses happen in 0.5-second intervals, starting immediately upon channel begin, resulting in 5 ( ) pulses.
- The heal does not affect Dawnbreaker herself, but does affect her units.
- Can heal allies for up to 225/350/475 ( ) health.
- At the end of the flight duration, enemies within 500 radius of Dawnbreaker get stunned and take the impact damage.
- Can deal a total of 280/410/540, considering impact damage and all pulses.
- The landing first applies the damage, then the stun.
- The talent partially updates the current cast of Solar Guardian.
- The pulses during the channeling and flight are not updated. However, the radius for the landing damage and stun is updated.
- With the pulses at the destinatior area also apply a buff on allies with the same intervals as the heal.
partially upgrades the current cast of Solar Guardian.
- The pulses during the channeling and flight immediately start applying the higher heal value and the modifier.
- If acquired while channeling but before the flight begins, the flight uses the increased duration, and the sub-ability is granted.
- However, the pulses' duration does not update, so that the pulses use the default duration, but the flight the upgraded duration.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Replaces Solar Guardian until the sub-ability is used or the flight duration ends.
- Reduced swipe attack damage bonus from 25/35/45/55 to 20/30/40/50.
- Rescaled smash attack damage bonus from 40/65/90/115 to 30/60/90/120.
- Rescaled fire trail movement speed slow from 35% on each level to 24%/28%/32%/36%.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
upgrade for :
- Reduces channel time to 1, increases flight duration by 3.5, increases heal per pulse to 60/90/120, causes it to grant allies within the area 60% evasion, and grants her the sub-ability while airborne, which allows her to land early.
upgrade for :
- Causes spell immunity during it. to provide
- Level 10 left talent changed: +20 movement speed ➜ +15% movement speed slow.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +7 strength ➜ +30 swipe attack damage bonus.
- Level 15 right talent changed: +20 attack damage ➜ +40% critical damage.
- Level 20 left talent changed: +40% critical damage ➜ -1 attacks required.
- Level 20 right talent changed: 2 charges ➜ +150 radius.
- Level 25 right talent changed: +200 radius ➜ 2 charges.
- gives you bonus damage against creeps.
- provides cheap attributes and can combine with Tango for the extra heal.
- helps Dawnbreaker stay in lane with health regeneration.
- also restores Dawnbreaker's health.
- provides passive health regeneration and burst mana for using abilities.
- adds to her decently high amount of base movement speed.
- provides attributes and a burst of health/mana to keep Dawnbreaker fighting.
- mana problem at the cost of her health points, which is easily mitigated by her . As a tanky right-clicking hero, the bonus strength and armor is always appreciated. solves her
- is very cost/stat efficient. Helps Dawnbreaker get around the map quicker.
- helps Dawnbreaker farm stacks quicker and applies a slow so enemies cant easily sidestep your . Also gives much needed mana regen.
- can amplify your healing while also giving you bonus damage and health. Later can be combined into either or .
- makes Dawnbreaker immune to most disables and nukes, both of which can easily interrupt two out of three of her active abilities which leave her vulnerable during casting.
- gives her excellent initiation ability, besides its obvious escape capabilities. It synergizes the most with her , since it doesn't interrupt the ability when used. Dawnbreaker can start it up once she sets her sight on an unaware enemy, leaving the first two strikes unused but uninterrupted, before blinking towards the opponent to land the third blow without telegraphing it. Can be upgraded into for its immense strength bonus which translates into the big damage dealt upon blinking, while slowing nearby enemies at your destination.
- is a no-brainer with its spell immunity during .
- covers the deficiencies of her poor agility growth which results in less armor and attack speed. The armor reduction aura is always welcome for a right-clicking hero, and the attack speed aura makes her omnipresence ever useful.
- gives cheap damage that makes your crits much more damaging and healing.
- lifesteal outside of your passive, and allows you to stay in the fight much longer to dish out healing crits. provides selfish
- is an alternative to Soul Ring if one does not wish to sacrifice health.
- with its DPS, armor reduction, and better slow when equipped on melee heroes is a good tool for an aggressive Dawnbreaker during the early game.
|Playstyle:||Dawnbreaker shines in the heart of battle, happily crushing her enemies like a Starbreaker, she revels in hurling her Celestial Hammer through foes and then Converging with it in a blazing wake. At the same time, capable of healing nearby allies by attacking with great Luminosity, and even acting as a Solar Guardian to allies anywhere on the field, flying towards them for aid from anywhere with an epic entrance.|
- Dawnbreaker currently has no equipment.
- Dawnbreaker is named "Valkyrie" within the internal game files.
- In some instances, she is also refered to as "Battle Maiden".
- is named "Fire Wreath" within the internal game files.
- is in some instances named "Solar Flare" within the game files.
- is in some instances named "Healing Touch" within the game files.
- is in some instances named "Elated Fury" within the game files.