- Dark Seer's strength lies in his high-mana cost skills. So can be a great nuisance for him, since it can reduce his mana and prevent him from casting his spells.
- can deal a lot of damage if Dark Seer spent a lot of mana on his abilities.
- can deal a lot of damage to either a surged Dark Seer or his allies and prevent the target from getting into position.
- makes Dark Seer not deal any damage with his skills to Ember Spirit.
- prevents Dark Seer or his allies from escaping with Surge.
- dispels Ion Shell and Surge, making any gank attempt on Dark Seer in the laning phase likely to succeed.
- prevents all magical damage that comes from Dark Seer's abilities.
- dispels Ion Shell on creeps, which Dark Seer relies on to farm and zone.
- A Sniper who is somewhat competent at positioning is hardly going to be affected by any of Dark Seer's spells thanks to .
- However, an illusion of Sniper made with Wall of Replica is extremely powerful, and hard to deal with.
- Dark Seer relies on Surge for most of his mobility, so he's not very vulnerable to slows, but much more to root effects and walls or pseudo-walls such as 's or 's .
- Dark Seer's only disable is Vacuum. Though he starts off with high armor and health, he'll eventually have a hard time dealing with high mobility heroes such as or .
- Dark Seer's Wall of Replica is not as effective against heroes with low physical/base damage since damage of enemy illusions spawned from Wall of Replica is % based hero damage.
- prevents Dark Seer from using Surge and running away.
- can deal much damage to Dark Seer if he uses his Ion Shell on a creep.
- can dispel Ion Shell and Surge.
- Ion Shell is a very powerful weapon against Broodmother's Spiderlings and makes her laning much harder.
- Ion Shell destroys 's protection stacks in short time.
- Surge ignores the massive slow from .
- can be destroyed quickly with Ion Shell.
- Dark Seer can take great advantage of by putting an Ion Shell on a clone in order to harass them effectively.
- Vacuum can take a single Meepo and disable them for him and his teammates to take out.
- Dark Seer's and allows him to clear the wave of Terrorblade's illusions.
- can create stronger illusions of Terrorblade.
- If Dark Seer can use to help teammates land their AoE skills, Terrorblade will be quickly killed before he even gets a chance to use .
- Venomancer is a low health hero and low range hero who is easy to harass with Ion Shell on a creep in the early game .
- Venomancer depends entirely on all his slows to keep distance or chase, but Surge ignores slows, so is nearly impossible to hunt or run away from Dark Seer or his surged teammates.
- Heroes that rely on illusions will suffer against Ion Shell, which kills them very quickly:
, , , .
- Heroes that rely on illusions typically spawn very strong illusions inside your Wall of Replica that you should use against them or their team.
- Melee heroes have a hard time laning against Dark Seer because of Ion Shell
Works well with...
- Ion Shell on Bounty Hunter allows Bounty Hunter to do a lot of damage while staying invisible.
- synergizes well with Vacuum and both heroes' ultis.
- Vacuum allows Enigma to suck more heroes into the black hole. Furthermore, Wall of Replica can deal good damage on people caught in Black Hole, and allows the illusions to attack the enemy heroes without restraint. Surge also allows Enigma to initiate more easily, and Ion Shell can deal good damage on people stuck in Black Hole.
- Ion Shell on Riki allows him to do a lot of damage while staying invisible.
- Dark Seer can use Vacuum to pull enemies into the spot allowing to hit all enemies.
- Sven can kill heroes that got pulled together by Vacuum quickly due to his
- Surge is a partial solution to Sven's early game lack of mobility allowing him to close in on his targets with ease.
- provides a great setup for Dark Seer to run heroes down with Ion Shell.
- Vacuum is especially good with powerful teamfight spells: , , .