Ish'kafel, the Dark Seer, is a melee intelligence hero who relies on his abilities' potent utility and synergy. In lane he is sustained by high armor and enabled by his Ion Shell and Surge. Surge boosts his or an ally's speed, helping them to escape or pursue opponents. Ion Shell wraps a unit in a spiky shield that rapidly damages nearby enemies, enabling Ish'kafel to harass and gain last hits. These abilities also make him an efficient jungler and therefore a natural semi-carry, usually focused on building utility items.
Dark Seer's greatest damage is done during teamfights and comes from the combination of his final two abilities. Vacuum makes for powerful initiations. It sucks in nearby enemies, briefly disabling them and making them susceptible to area of effect spells—such as his Wall of Replica. The wall slows his foes and creates replicas of any enemy heroes that cross it, high-damage illusions that Dark Seer can control. A subtle hero, Ish'kafel's dark energies can be deadly in the right hands.
- The pull duration always takes 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6 seconds, no matter how far or close the units are from the center, so the speed varies.
- Affected units are fully disabled during the pull.
- Can pull units over impassable terrain.
- Fully affects invisible and invulnerable units (except for units affected by Cyclone from items), but not hidden units.
- Does not affect ancient creeps.
- The damage is applied upon losing the debuff, dispelling the debuff causes the damage to happen earlier.
- Destroys trees within 125 radius at the targeted point upon cast.
Cannot be cast on spell immune enemies. Shell persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- Ion Shell can be cast on enemy and allied units, damaging only enemy units. The unit with the shell itself is not damaged.
- Successive casts on the same unit do not stack, but refresh the duration and update the damage to the current level instead.
- When two opposing heroes cast it on the same target, the modifier updates and starts damaging the enemies of the latest caster.
- The status, however, does not update. Whether it is treated as a buff or debuff is determined by the first cast, and not updated on refresh.
- Deals 4.5/7.5/10.5/13.5 ( ) damage in 0.15-second intervals, starting 0.15 seconds after the cast, resulting in 166.7 ( ) damage instances.
- Can deal up to 750/1250/1750/2250 ( ) damage to a single unit (before reductions), if the enemy unit stays within range for the full duration.
- With , Ion Shell also increases maximum health of targeted allies by , keeping the current health percentage the same.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- The cooldown only triggers upon successfully hitting an enemy. Missed attacks do not put the ability on cooldown.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Constantly checks the distance Dark Seer moves and calculates the damage, knockback distance, knockback duration, and stun duration accordingly.
- For every 10 distance moved, the damage increases by 2.667, knockback distance by 3.333, knockback duration by 0.011, and stun duration by 0.023.
- Teleporting effects (which includes blinking) may only add up to 600 range to the distance counter, no matter how big the actual teleported distance was.
- The distance counter never resets, so it is possible to perform multiple full power punches in a row, with the help of cooldown resetting sources.
- These are the damage, knockback distance, and stun duration values at certain distances moved in the last 3 seconds (before reductions):
- 0 distance moved: 10 damage, 50 knockback distance, 0.1s knockback duration, 0.2s stun duration.
- 180 distance moved: 58 damage, 110 knockback distance, 0.305s knockback duration, 0.61s stun duration.
- 360 distance moved: 106 damage, 170 knockback distance, 0.51s knockback duration, 1.02s stun duration.
- 540 distance moved: 154 damage, 230 knockback distance, 0.715s knockback duration, 1.43s stun duration.
- 720 distance moved: 202 damage, 290 knockback distance, 0.92s knockback duration, 1.84s stun duration.
- 900 distance moved: 250 damage, 350 knockback distance, 1.125s knockback duration, 2.25s stun duration.
- Normal Punch first applies the stun, then the damage, then the knockback, then the attack damage.
- The illusion is spawned 350 range behind the enemy's determined landing position, 0.7 seconds after Normal Punch was delivered.
- The illusion can be controlled normally. It is initially ordered to attack the punched target.
- The punch particle and sound effects upgrade when the distance counter is at 300, and upgrade again when at 900.
- The values of the wall are set upon creation, and do not update upon leveling the ability up after having placed the wall.
- A wall can only create one illusion per player. There cannot be more than one illusion per player per wall.
- This means when there are multiple walls up (with the talent, or with multiple casts), each wall can create one illusion for each enemy.
- This also means that when an enemy has multiple heroes ( and ), they are still limited to one illusion per wall.
- Even if the illusion gets , the wall still cannot create another illusion until the previous one dies.
- When the illusion dies, the wall can create a new illusion of that hero as soon as it comes in range.
- Only creates illusions of real heroes. Does not create illusions of illusions pathing through the wall.
- Upon spawning, the illusions are automatically ordered to attack the heroes they are based on.
- Illusions created by Wall of Replica have a static 5 and 5XP bounty which does not scale with levels.
- The illusions' duration is based on the remaining duration of the wall from which they originate.
- The illusion spawns 108 range away from the hero if the hero has a collision size of 24, and 72 if the collision size is 8. It appears either north, east, south or west from the target.
- Wall of Replica illusions are visually distinguishable for the enemies.
- The slow is applied constantly within the wall's area. When walls overlap with each, their slows do not stack.
- Reduced cast backswing from 0.7 to 0.4.
- Reduced tree destruction radius from 275 to 125.
- Increased damage interval from 0.1 to 0.15.
- Increased damage per second from 24/46/68/90 to 30/50/70/90.
- Increased mana cost from 100/110/120/130 to 110/120/130/140.
- Reduced max health bonus from 350 to 300.
- Reduced distance required for max values from 1500 to 900.
- Increased illusion damage dealt from 40% to 80%.
- Reduced illusion damage taken from 300% to 200%.
- Increased illusion damage dealt from 25% to 40%.
- Increased max stun duration from 2 to 2.25.
- Increased radius from 250 to 275.
- Old: Reduces 's cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 12 on each level, and multiplies 's length by 2.
- New: Replaces 's cooldown with 2 charges that has a 9 second replenish time, grants 350 max health to allied targets, and increases its duration by 20.
upgrade for :
- Grants the ability.
- Causes Dark Seer's next attack to punch an illusion out of them, knocking them back, dealing extra magical damage, and stunning them. Knockback distance, damage, and stun duration are based on how far Dark Seer has moved recently.
- Recent movement time window: 3
- Distance required for max: 1500
- Max damage: 250
- Max knockback distance: 350
- Max stun duration: 2
- Illusion damage dealt: 25%
- Illusion damage taken: 300%
- Illusion duration: 5
- Cooldown: 14
- Notes: Passive attack modifier. The illusion spawns 0.7 seconds after punch, 350 range behind the spot the enemy lands at, and is ordered to attack the target. The illusion can be controlled normally.
- sustains health in the laning stage.
- restores health to stay in lane.
- sustains mana to use Ion Shell.
- boosts Dark Seer's attributes, builds up to a and/or later on and can be paired with for more healing.
- gives health regeneration and can restore mana in a pinch, before Dark Seer acquires .
- gives burst health and mana in a pinch.
- covers most of your mana issues and allows you to constantly use Ion Shell in order to harass your lane opponents and get some last hits.
- gives mobility for chasing or running away.
- gives mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- sustains health and mana in fights.
- allows you to pull off Vacuum combos by yourself. Also, gives you an additional controllable unit to use Ion Shell on to fight or to push out waves.
- increase your mana pool and allow you to restore your teammates' mana.
- intelligence gain means he will generally have enough mana to use the heal. adds to Dark Seer's teamfight effectiveness and increases durability. Also his decent
- can help you positioning to place a better vacuum wall combo.
- allows you to be at any lane for a gank, countergank, or push in seconds.
- restores both health and mana to team; the health regeneration and armor aura works better on wounded allies.
- grants you more punch to your Vacuum and Wall of Replica initiation, and gives you armor and intelligence.
- removes debuffs from Dark Seer or an ally, as well as granting Echo Shell to reflect spells.
- changes position of Dark Seer or any heroes.
- grants you and your allies protection from magical damage.
- can protect your team from physical attacks in teamfights.
- buffs Ion Shell, making it a survivability buff and giving two charges.
- should be considered to counter high physical damage dealers, ensuring your survival to use abilities.
- guarantees your initiation with spell immunity to ward off almost all disables.
- grants mana regeneration and Hex to completely nullify an enemy hero from using abilities or attacking.
- allows you to use your abilities and items twice in a row if needed.
- for dealing more magical damage combined with ion shell and 17% miss chance combined with your evasion.
- will restore your health because of your AoE magical damage abilities and lower cooldowns for better influence in fight.
|Roles:||Initiator Jungler Escape Disabler|
|Playstyle:||In a final, calculated move, Ish'Kafel led his outnumbered army into a new world, sealing the path behind with a burst of dark energy. A cunning tactician, the Dark Seer manipulates gravity to pull foes into a Vacuum, drawing them into the prismatic thorns of his Ion Shell. Armed only with his intellect, he Surges across the land to survey every point of conflict. At strategic locations Ish'Kafel places a Wall of Replica, sowing confusion amongst enemy ranks as an army of duplicates emerge to do battle against their own likenesses.|
- Dark Seer's response, "Speed is the heart of battle." is an indirect quote of Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu, who said "Quickness is the essence of war."
- Dark Seer's response, ▶️ "No, I will not calm my beard." is a response to 's and 's rival hero taunts, both voiced by Sam A. Mowry.
- Dark Seer's Vacuum's lore is based on the military term, center of gravity, which is a concept developed by Carl Von Clausewitz, a Prussian military theorist, in his work On War.
- One Punch Man.
makes numerous references to the anime
- The name of the ability references the protagonist's move "Consecutive Normal Punches".
- The particle effects include a giant red fist striking the enemy, which looks like the fists of the protagonist.
- The particle effect generally has an anime-style theme to it, with the static lines and whirls, the haloes, and the japanese floating texts, which are the japanese equivalents of "Pow!".
- The effect of Doctor Strange in which Doctor Strange's "astral form" is getting separated from his physical form. punching an illusion out of the body may be a reference to the scene in