|A cuirass originally built to protect against the dreaded Year Beast.|
3700 ( )
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affects heroes, illusions and buildings. Affects them even while invulnerable or while hidden. Does not affect creep-heroes.
- Does not affect units that have been affected by Guard in the last 39 seconds.
- A status buff icon on affected units shows how much time is left for it to be able to get affected again.
- The stack limit duration equals the cooldown (after all reductions), minus one.
- The duration is set upon cast and cannot be altered afterwards. Resetting the item's cooldown does not affect the stack limit duration.
- Does not work against wards ( , , , ).
- Does not reduce physical damage from spells, except from and .
- For more details, see Damage Block.
Proc Chance: 60%
Blocked Damage (Melee): 70
Blocked Damage (Ranged): 35
- Heroes whose default item build includes Crimson Guard as a situational item:
- The high damage block of Crimson Guard's active is good against illusions because their low damage is heavily reduced or negated completely.
- Similarly, it is good against small summons such as Undying's zombies, Broodmother's spiderlings, or Nature's Prophet's treants to name a few.
- Crimson Guard is effective against armor reduction as the damage block takes effect before the damage reduction of armor. This means that if incoming damage is actually going to be amplified due to negative armor, a large portion of it can be blocked before it is amplified.
- The damage block and armor reduces a lot the damage returned by an enemy .
- Best combined with or other sources of barrier.
- The icon for this item is based on the armor worn by concept artwork. on an old
Main Article: Crimson Guard/Changelogs