|Only the mightiest and most experienced of warriors can wield the Butterfly, but it provides incredible dexterity in combat.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 5 armor, 60 attack speed and 25 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 5 armor, 60 attack speed and 55 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 5 armor, 60 attack speed and 25 attack damage.
- The evasion stacks diminishingly with other sources of evasion.
- The evasion uses pseudo-random distribution.
- greatly benefits from agility bonuses, providing herself and her ranged allies bonus agility based on her own agility, therefore this item massively increases the damage output for Drow Ranger and her team. The additional evasion provides a nice defensive layer for her as well.
- Luna's short range often results in her being in the thick of fights dealing massive damage with glaives. Butterfly offers a good solution to Luna's mix of defensive and offensive needs.
- The agility from Butterfly greatly increases the backstab damage from .
Heroes whose default item build includes Butterfly as a situational item :
- gives a 80% chance to pierce through evasion.
- , , and give a 30% chance each to pierce through evasion.
- If someone in your team already has evasion like or another Butterfly, decide if increasing evasion will be a good idea as the enemy team will generally rush a . The more evasion a team has, the more valuable Monkey King Bar gets for the enemy team. However, if the enemy team is greatly suppressed and underfarmed, increasing evasion could be a good decision.
Main Article: Butterfly/Changelogs