Shrines were small supportive buildings outside the bases on the map. The Radiant had a shrine between the 3 neutral camps in secondary jungle, behind the ramp towards Roshan's pit, while the Dire had a shrine in the main jungle, on the higher ground between the 2 neutral camps, behind the ramp towards Roshan's pit. The shrines were invulnerable until any of the team's tier 3 tower was destroyed.
Shrines had no vision and no True Sight. This means the shrines did not serve as free wards. However, since they were regular buildings, they could be teleported to withand , although with a lower teleport radius.
|Building||Health||Deny Health||Health Regeneration||Armor||Backdoor Protection|
Shrines granted no gold to whoever made the last hit, but did grant a team bounty to the entire team. Denying Shrines did not reduce the team bounty.
|Building||Team Total||Denied Total|
- Whenever this ability is off cooldown, the shrine emits particle effects and a looping sound. Its minimap icon also starts glowing.
- While ready, the Alt highlights the aura's radius with a blue circle. This circle disappears when on cooldown after the aura expired.
- A shrine can be activated by ordering the hero to follow it. A follow order is given by right-clicking, or by pressing the move hotkey and selecting the shrine as a target.
- Once the hero is within the activation range, the shrine gets activated, if the follow command is still active.
- Can only be activated by allied heroes and clones. No other unit can activate it.
- Since a hero executing a move order is required to activate it, it cannot be activated while stunned, taunted, slept, cycloned and hidden.
- Once activated, the shrine emits an aura which applies the restoring effects. The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The aura affects all allied units which are not wards or buildings. However, it does not affect invulnerable or hidden allies.
- Can regenerate up to 495 + 11% of a unit's max health and up to 275 + 11% of a unit's max mana over its full duration.
- All shrines are on cooldown until the 7 minute mark of the game.