Black Arachnia, the Broodmother, is a melee agility hero who is a notably powerful pusher. Her trademark spiderlings, as both an asset and a liability, define her play style. While a possible additional source of income, experience and lane pushes, spiderlings can easily feed opponents when not handled with deft micro and great awareness. Broodmother's abilities allow her to summon those spiderlings to do her bidding and to slow and kill heroes with relative ease if caught off guard, all while staying as elusive as possible with her webs and passives. She spends most of the early game pressuring a lane with little concern, due to her spiderlings and her added health regeneration, but she can also transition into a difficult to kill melee carry, which can dive in on and rapidly kill lone enemies with the right items later on.
- Has a global cast range when a part of another web is within the targeted area.
- Upon learning, Broodmother instantly gains 4 charges. However, leveling it up further does not instantly grant the other charges.
- The buff only affects the caster, and all and under the player's control. Other player-controlled units are unaffected.
- Can regenerate up to 180/300/420/540 health in one minute.
- The effects are provided by an aura. Its buff lingers for 0.2 seconds.
- vision but are selectable through the Fog of War. are visible on the minimap for Broodmother and her team. They do not provide
- The webs possess the sub-ability.
- The webs do not block neutral creep camps.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1200.
- Silken Bola first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The bonus damage only triggers on allied hero attacks (including illusions and clones, excluding creep-heroes), and on any attacks done by units owned by Broodmother.
- The damage is magical, and is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- However, it is not considered by lifesteal, crit or cleave.
- It is also not affected by percentage-based attack damage bonuses or reductions, but can be reduced with flat reductions.
- With , Silken Bola turns into an area-targeted ability, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Cannot be cast within the vicinity of another web line. The vector must not overlap with another line to cast.
- The web line forms over a 2-second duration, during which the line is completely inactive.
- The web lines are completely invisible to the enemy and cannot be revealed.
- Once formed, the line can trigger on any enemy hero coming within its area of effect.
- When triggered, the triggering hero reveives a single debuff that applies all effects.
- The modifier exposes the target, provides True Sight over them, and slows their movement speed.
- After 0.25 seconds, the modifier roots the target, preventing them from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- This means the root effectively lasts 3.75 seconds.
- The damage over time starts after this delay as well, and ticks in 1-second intervals, resulting in 4 instances.
- Can deal a total of 400 damage to the target (before reductions).
- Once triggered, the web line becomes visible to enemies, and disappears after 4 seconds.
- This timer is independent from the debuff on the enemy, so removing the debuff does not cause the line to disappear earlier.
- During this time, other enemy heroes still may get debuffed by the line.
- The web lines have no set duration, they last until triggered.
- Exceeding the max allowed number of lines instantly destroys the oldest line.
- The lines have no form of vision, and are not visible through the Fog of War for anyone.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1200.
- Spawn Spiderling first applies the debuff, then the damage.
only spawn when the targeted unit dies while having the debuff on.
- It does not matter who kills the target, if it dies in any way, the Spiderlings spawn.
- The amount of spiders spawned is based on the level of the ability as the spawn happens, and not on what level it was upon cast.
- Multiple instances of Spawn Spiderlings on the same target fully stack, with each cast placing a separate debuff.
- Has a stack limit of 7. If an enemy has already 7 instances of the debuff, a new cast does not affect them at all.
- Spiderlings are fully affected by .
- The talent immediately upgrades all of Broodmother's currently flying Spawn Spiderling projectiles.
Spin Web Ability
- This is cast from the web itself, allowing Broodmother to destroy webs individually instead of having the oldest one destroyed.
- The webs do not leave corpses.
- Successive hits with Poison Sting on the same target do not stack, only the debuff gets refreshed.
- The attacks first apply their damage, then the debuff.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 2 damage ticks (or 6 damage ticks against creeps).
- Can deal up to 16 damage (or 48 damage against creeps) before reductions.
- Treats creep-heroes as creeps.
- Spiderites do not have this ability.
- Successive hits with Spawn Spiderite on the same target do not stack, only the debuff gets refreshed.
- The attacks first apply their damage, then the debuff.
only spawns when the attacked unit dies while having the debuff on.
- It does not matter who kills the target, if it dies in any way, the Spiderite spawns.
- Spiderites are fully affected by .
- Spiderites do not possess this ability.
|+350 Spiders Health||25||+50Damage/Lifesteal|
|+400 Health||20||+50% Spiders Damage to Buildings|
|+30 Attack Speed||15||-10sRecharge Time|
- Increased base movement speed from 275 to 280.
- Reduced charge replenish time from 40 to 30.
- Level 15 right talent: -15s charge replenish time reduced to -10s.
- Increased number of charges from 3/5/7/9 to 4/6/8/10.
- Increased damage from 240/320/400 to 260/340/420.
- Reduced minimum health threshold for minimum movement speed bonus from 20% to 1%.
- Increased attack damage bonus against target from 5/6/7/8 to 6/7/8/9.
- provides needed health restoration during the laning phase.
- keeps Broodmother in lane by restoring her health.
- provides some passive health regeneration and burst mana until she is able to get soul rings.
- gives mana to produce Spiderlings.
- provides cheap attributes. Use with Tango for more healing.
- makes last hitting easier.
- allows her to use Spawn Spiderlings more often without fear of running out of mana to harass the enemies, take last hits, and amass Spiderlings.
- gives attributes and restores health and mana in burst, keeping Broodmother healthy to continue making Spiderlings.
- increases mana regeneration so Broodmother can continue to spawn spiderlings and it's active helps to hasten farm speed.
- increases the maximum number of charges to 18 and increases the movement speed bonus applied by her webs. This typically removes the need for boots as the movement speed granted by her webs is more than enough.
- bolsters Broodmother defense with armor and attributes. Its active ability helps Broodmother and Spiderlings tear down neutral creeps and enemy heroes by lowering their armor.
- prevents Broodmother from being affected by most stuns allowing her to continue to attack her enemy and benefit from the amplified damage and lifesteal of Insatiable Hunger to keep Broodmother alive in team fights.
- increases the attack speed and armor of Broodmother and her spiders, while also reducing the armor of nearby towers. A fantastic item to compliment Broodmother's strengths.
- works very well with her passive making it even harder for enemies to hit her along with its excellent stats to increase Broodmother's carry potential.
- can prove useful against items like or to prevent enemies from dispelling Orchid Malevolence's silence.
- supplies mana and increases Broodmother's damage output. Its active ability silences the target and grants True Strike to any enemy affected.
- If the enemy has multiple slows combining boots with her webs' move speed bonus will nullify their effectiveness.
- accelerates Broodmother's leveling allowing her to reach her level 20 and 25 talents sooner.
- useful aura that benefits both Broodmother and her spiders.
- offers cost-effective attack speed to combine with the bonus damage granted by Insatiable Hunger for a cheap increase in damage output.
- aids Broodmother in killing heroes that have abilities that allow them to escape or disable Broodmother. Also solving most of her mana problems.
- gives excellent damage and armor reduction increasing Broodmother's pushing and killing speed.
- can be picked up early for an additional slow on enemies in addition to its decent stats.
- because Broodmother can farm so fast, picking up a pipe for the team can allow her and her spiders to survive heavy magic burst that would usually prove lethal.
- applies area damage and blind chance during team fights. Because Broodmother is usually in the middle of team fights she can apply the burn to most enemies.
- offers a reliable stun and occasional bashes to further lock down enemies.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Inhabiting the lava tubes below the caldera of Mount Pyrotheos, Black Arachnia grew tired of recent adventurers stepping on her many offspring. And so, the Broodmother set out to rid the world of every potential intruder, one hero at a time. Paralytic venom drips from her fangs, crippling and blinding her prey with each Incapacitating Bite. Warm bodies make ideal nurseries, a fact not lost on Black Arachnia as she injects her eggs into dying foes to Spawn Spiderlings. Across patches of land she Spins Webs of silken fiber, sheltering herself within to recuperate injuries. Driven by Insatiable Hunger, the Broodmother goes into a feeding frenzy, sucking the vital fluids from wandering heroes to replenish herself for the next spawn cycle.|
- In her DotA biography, Broodmother's spiderlings originated from her relationship with Anub'arak, the Nerubian Assassin ( ). In Dota 2, no relationship between the two heroes exists.
- Broodmother is sometimes called by her nickname, "Broodmama".
- Broodmother's response ▶️ "Some pig." is a reference to the children's novel Charlotte's Web.
- Broodmother's name, Black Arachnia, resembles the name of the character Blackarachnia from the Transformers franchise.