Mangix, the Brewmaster, is a melee strength hero that can fill almost any role, though he is primarily seen as a carry, ganker, tank or initiator. He fits well into any lane, but is very experience dependent, which means he is often seen on the offlane or the midlane. His core abilities make him a respectable physical damage dealer and an especially good duelist since he has abilities that involve negating opposing attacks while strengthening his own. However, his true power lies in his ultimate, Primal Split, which, if used properly, can by itself turn the tide of a team fight. Each of the three aspects of the Brewmaster are exceptionally powerful, with exceptional disables, survivability against magic and physical attacks, and damage; they are also able to charge recklessly into the enemy since the damage they take is not permanent, and very rarely will all three die before Primal Split ends. For this reason, Brewmaster is almost always built to fully maximize the potential of this ultimate, getting items such as Blink Dagger so that he can combo into his ultimate without risk of being initiated on, Heart of Tarrasque to ensure he can survive the first wave of stuns and burst in order to cast his ultimate, and of course Aghanim's Scepter to give Brewmaster two charges of Primal Split and a possibility to cancel it at any time.
- Thunder Clap first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Cinder Brew's projectiles travel at a speed of 1600.
- Despite the visual effect, Cinder Brew does not launch a single projectile towards the center of the targeted area.
- Instead, it launches individual projectiles on every enemy within the area.
- These projectiles are invisible and disjointable.
- This means Cinder Brew's targets are decided upon ability cast, and not upon the visible effect reaching the targeted area.
- It also means that enemies entering the area after cast are not affect, while enemies leaving the area after cast are still affected.
- When an enemy with the Cinder Brew debuff takes any spell damage, the duration of the debuff gets extended by 3, and the damage starts.
- The debuff may be ignited only once. The debuff still slows after getting ignited.
- The damage interval is based on the debuff's duration, so that it always deals 8 instances of damage. Each instance deals 9.38/18.75/28.13/37.5 ( ) damage.
- Recasting onto the same units does not stack, but refreshes the duration instead. The debuff is not updated to the current level.
- When recasting on an already ignited enemy, it refreshes the ignited debuff. The ignition does not get reset.
- The damage interval does not update once ignited. The amount of intervals is hardcoded, so it continues to deal damage until the debuff expires.
- Interrupts Brewmaster's channeling abilities on cast.
- Passively increases attack damage by an average of 10.8%/14.4%/18%/21.6% ( ) and survivability versus attacks by 18%/25%/33%/43%.
- While active, has a 45%/60%/75%/90% chance to evade attacks, and a 72% chance to deal critical damage.
- A cricital strike proc is decided upon attack begin, not upon landing an attack.
- When a critical strike procs, Brewmaster uses a specific crit attack animation, and particle effects appear on his weapon.
- The proc chances of multiple crit sources stack.
- If two sources of critical strike proc at the same time, the higher multiplier has priority.
- Drunken Brawler's evasion stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- The movement speed change switches around every second, starting with the bonus.
- This results in a 40% movement speed bonus in the first, third and fifth second, and a 20% movement speed slow in the second and fourth second.
- The average movement speed bonus over these 5 seconds is 16%.
- Brewmaster is invulnerable and hidden during the split time and duration. Does not apply any form of dispel upon cast.
- During Primal Split, Brewmaster is periodically moved to Earth's position. If Earth dies, to Storm's and if Storm dies, to Fire's. This affects multiple things such as:
- When Primal Split ends, Brewmaster appears at Earth's location. If Earth is dead, at Storm's and if Storm is dead, at Fire's location.
- Every aura Brewmaster has (including and ) is bestowed around Earth, if Earth is dead, around Storm and if Storm is dead, around Fire.
- Effects which react on heroes' presence ( , , ) react on Earth's presence, if Earth is dead, on Storm's and if Storm is dead, on Fire's.
- Teleporting effects like or cause the periodic moving of Brewmaster to get canceled, so that the 3 notes above do not apply anymore.
- The brewlings spawn always in the same formation, forming an equilateral triangle ( ) which fits within a 100 radius circle.
- All brewlings' facing angle equals Brewmaster's facing angle on cast.
- is always spawned 100 range in front of Brewmaster's cast location.
- is always spawned 50 range behind and 86.603 range to the left of Brewmaster's cast location.
- is always spawned 50 range behind and 86.603 range to the right of Brewmaster's cast location.
, the brewlings spawn in instead, that fits in a 100 radius circle.
- is always spawned 100 range in front of Brewmaster's cast location.
- is always spawned 100 range to the left of Brewmaster's cast location.
- is always spawned 100 range to the right of Brewmaster's cast location.
- is always spawned 100 range behind Brewmaster's cast location.
- The brewlings are creep-heroes and ancient creeps, making them interact differently with several abilities. For detailed interactions follow the two links.
- With attack modifiers Brewmaster gains from items (including neutral items) can be triggered by as well. , all
, the brewlings gain the sub-ability.
- Casting the ability immediately ends Primal Split. Brewmaster re-appears at the location of the brewling which used the sub-ability.
- The level 25 talent grants the to all brewlings, which grants them the passive evasion and critical strike based on its current level.
- Since the ability itself is not granted, they cannot use the active component to enhance the values.
to be unlocked.
- In Ability Draft, Primal Split Cancel can be unlocked by the player that drafted .
- Granted to all brewlings.
- When used, prematurely ends .
- Brewmaster re-appears at the location of the brewling that used the sub-ability, instead of according to the order explained in Primal Split's notes.
- The boulder travels at a speed of 800.
- The boulder first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The damage is directly added to Earth's attack damage. But since it is conditional, it is not visible in the HUD.
- Applies a basic dispel on all units within the area.
- Always dispels
off of units within the area, regardless of alliances.
- Besides this, follows the default dispel rules, dispelling debuffs off of allies, and buffs off of enemies.
- The damage is applied to units which were created by an ability, including illusions.
- The only Creep-heroes that are affected are and .
- Applies a cyclone effect on the target upon cast, so it turns it invulnerable and fully disables it.
- However, unlike other cyclones, this one does not dispel the target.
- While in the air, other units may pass below the cycloned unit.
- Can be cast on , but has no effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement. He only gets interrupted.
- Does not interrupt Storm's channeling spells upon cast.
- The bonus damage is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- During the fade time, Storm can cast spells and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks do apply the 140/200/260 damage to the target.
- The bonus damage is not applied when attacking buildings out of the invisibility, but is applied against wards.
- The invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of spells, or upon launching an attack.
- This means when the attack misses, the invisibility is still lost.
- Allows Storm to pass through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Permanent Immolation is an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Deals 12.5/25/37.5 damage in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after the debuff is placed.
- Can deal up to 412.5/925/1537.5 damage to a single unit (before reductions) if it stays within range for its whole duration.
- Despite the visual effect, the debuff is applied instantly within the area, and does not need to travel.
|+90%Critical Strike Damage||25||Gain Passive|
|+80 Attack Speed||20||+1400Health|
- Level 25 left talent: +80% critical damage increased to +90%.
- Increased evasion from 10%/15%/20%/25% to 15%/20%/25%/30%.
- Now inherits all of the caster's item attack modifiers.
- Reduced attack damage from 45-55/65-75/85-95 to 45-55/55-65/65-75.
- Reduced base attack time from 1.35 on each level to 1.2/1/0.8.
- Increased movement speed from 305 to 310.
- Increased evasion from 6%/12%/18%/24% to 10%/15%/20%/25%.
- Reduced split time from 0.65 to 0.55.
- Increased health from 1400/2200/3000 to 1400/2300/3200.
- Increased health from 1000/1400/1800 to 1000/1500/2000.
- Increased health from 1300 on each level to 1300/1450/1600.
- Increased health from 1200/1400/1600 to 1200/1500/1800.
- Reduced cast time from 0.25 to 0.15.
- Reduced cooldown from 20 to 12.
- Level 10 left talent changed: +1s slow duration ➜ +200 radius.
- Level 10 right talent: +12 attack damage increased to +15.
- helps Brewmaster stay in lane by sustaining his health.
- restores large amount of health early on.
- gives cheap attributes and can upgrade to later.
- give movement speed.
- provides burst health and mana, can upgrade to later.
- sustains Brewmaster with strength and health regeneration; the active grants mana to him on demand.
- aid his movement speed, staying close to the enemies to land more critical attacks during Drunken Brawler.
- gives him bonus attributes and a good source of healing.
- allows Brewmaster to initiate, as well as improves his low mobility.
- spell immunity so Brewmaster can actually attack enemies and slow them down prior to activating Primal Split. increases survivability with strength and
- gives huge boost to health and mana. It also gives Primal Split brewlings one of each of Brewmaster's abilities.
- gives him even more damage and aura that works even during Primal Split duration.
- makes Brewmaster even tankier with armor, allowing him to survive longer engagements and getting off Primal Split without needing to retreat. The aura also remains on each unit during Primal Split, boosting attack speed and armor to teammates as well; take note that the armor reduction half of the aura remains on the elemental units even though the aura icon does not appear on the enemy UI.
- gives him an additional movement speed slow aside from Thunder Clap, as well as more armor for survivability; take note that the aura remains on the elemental units even though the aura icon does not appear on the enemy UI.
- helps mid Brewmaster manage runes, as well as restore health and mana.
- allows Brewmaster to quickly accumulate gold and experience, working toward perfecting Primal Split.
- can restore mana to Brewmaster and his allies, a great item choice for Brewmaster who prefers to use abilities rather than physical attacks.
- is a good midgame item that grants you a decent amount of health and gives you a nice boost in movement speed.
- gives him a small boost in regeneration and armor, as well as lifesteal upon every attack, which works well together with his critical damage, helping out his survivability; the aura remains active during Primal Split.
- status resistance, along with the ability to disarm enemy attackers. gives some strength, evasion and
- status resistance, strong dispel, and incoming damage reduction, almost guaranteeing Primal Split going off. increases his survivability with
- boosts attributes, damage output, and mana regeneration. Echo Strike allows Brewmaster more chance to land critical damage, as well as slows down target's movement speed.
- provides mana, armor, and regeneration to sustain Brewmaster during fights. Echo Shell dispels debuffs from him so he can use Primal Split.
- grants some attributes and regeneration, as well as blocking one key single target disable that hinders the activation of Primal Split.
- allows Brewmaster to jump in and initiate from across the map.
- increases Brewmaster's survivability with bonus strength, and the health regeneration works during Primal Split.
|Roles:||Carry Initiator Durable Disabler Nuker|
|Playstyle:||For nine days Mangix fought the master of his order, both warriors swilling and striking in equal measure, until at last the elder collapsed into a drunken stupor. Having claimed the title of Brewmaster, Mangix now wanders the land as a Drunken Brawler, swinging and evading with unpredictable finesse. Under one arm he holds a great keg, and not merely for storing his Cinder Brew. Mangix drenches enemies in alcohol, disorienting them before slamming the barrel down with a Thunder Clap. Rumor around taverns is that the Brewmaster is actually composed of three elementals, and should one catch him sufficiently intoxicated, one may just witness this Primal Split in action.|
- Brewmaster, like Blizzard Entertainment. His design is similar to that of a red panda, rather than the giant panda that the Pandaren in DotA were based on. , and , was a Pandaren in DotA. However, he was re-skinned due to copyright issues with
- Primal Split's ▶️ sound effect upon spawning the 3 brewlings is based on this ▶️ laughter response line of Brewmaster.