Gondar, the Bounty Hunter, is a melee agility hero that excels at hunting, chasing down and killing single targets. His skill set allows him to roam and gank very effectively, as his Shadow Walk allows him to sneak up to unsuspecting targets to initiate. Shadow Walk is also an effective escape and mobility spell, as he can run from dangerous situations and roam invisibly around the map to keep the enemy guessing even if they have Observer Wards active. His ability to deal medium amounts of damage with Jinada, interrupt their Town Portal Scrolls with Shuriken Toss, and keep perfect tabs on their location and movements with Track all make him a powerful and ruthless ganker who is all but impossible to escape once he has his sights locked in. Bounty Hunter's ability to roam, scout and get important kills for his team while bolstering their gold gain with Track can secure his team a strong gold advantage, and give his foes no safe place to hide.
Does not stun or attempt to damage spell immune units.
Can jump to and off of spell immune units.
- The shuriken travels at a speed of 1000.
- The shuriken first applies the damage, the debuff .
- The initial target does not have to be for the shuriken to bounce.
- This is how much damage Shuriken Toss deals to Tracked targets on each level:
- The talent immediately upgrades all of Bounty Hunter's currently flying shurikens.
, Shuriken Toss applies the current level of on its target upon projectile impact.
- Jinada notes fully apply. If it is not leveled, it is not applied.
- Does not use instant attacks to apply the Jinada. The effects are applied by Shuriken Toss itself.
- Shuriken Toss' Jinada is independent from the Jinada applied by attacks, regardless of cooldown, and working even when dead.
- The Jinada damage is applied as spell damage in a separate damage instance, it is affected by spell damage amplification and works with spell lifesteal.
- Upon leveling Jinada the first time, it has Autocast on by default.
- Despite being an active ability, Jinada can trigger while silenced, if set to Autocast.
- When off cooldown, Bounty Hunter's weapons emit particle effects.
- Checks its cooldown on attack begin, not on attack hit.
- This means Jinada does not apply when its cooldown finishes during the attack animation.
- The bonus damage is granted as an attack damage bonus whenever the ability goes off cooldown, and is removed when going on cooldown.
- Only steals unreliable gold, removing it from the target and adding it to his own unreliable gold.
- Steals gold only when attacking enemy heroes (and clones), excluding illusions.
- Bounty Hunter gains exactly how much the target loses.
- Does not interrupt Bounty Hunter's channeling abilities upon cast.
- The attack first applies the Shadow Walk debuff, and then the attack damage.
- During the fade time, Bounty Hunter can cast abilities, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks apply the Shadow Walk slow as well.
- The invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of abilities or items, or upon landing an attack. Missed attacks do not break it.
- Casting does not break the invisibility of Shadow Walk.
- Bounty Hunter can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility.
- Grants phased movement while fully invisible.
- With incoming damage reduction on Bounty Hunter. Stacks additively with other sources of incoming damage manipulation.
, applies generic
- The reduction affects all damage Bounty Hunter takes that is not flagged as HP removal.
- The reduction is independent from the fade time, and is granted immediately.
- Despite the visual effect, the Track debuff is applied instantly on the target.
- Exposes the target, provides True Sight over it.
- The talent immediately updates all existing Track debuffs.
- Grants unreliable gold to Bounty Hunter and his allies around the target when the target dies, no matter how it dies.
- Allies only get the bonus gold if they are within 1200 range of the tracked hero while alive. Bounty Hunter himself gets the gold regardless of distance, even while dead.
- Track can be cast on illusions and , but does not grant any gold when they die.
- When multiple are tracked and one of them dies, each Meepo grants the Track gold around them.
- The movement speed bonus is provided by an aura on the target. Its buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. Multiple instances of the aura do not stack.
- The visual effects and sound of Track are only visible and audible to Bounty Hunter and his allies. However, the debuff is visible to everyone.
- The visual effects from the movement speed buff is visible to everyone as well.
|+50Gold Steal||20||Grants 600 Ground Vision|
|HalfBonus Speed to Allies||15||+50Damage|
- Rescaled attack damage bonus from 70/100/130/160 to 60/100/140/180.
- Reduced damage from 150/225/300/375 to 80/120/160/200.
- Rescaled cast range from 400 on each level to 375/425/475/525.
- Reduced mana cost from 120/125/130/135 to 50/60/70/80.
- Reduced cooldown from 8 to 5.
- active attack modifier, going only off when toggled on, or when used manually on a target. is now an
- now also multiplies damage by 1.4/1.7/2 on tracked targets.
- No longer reduces cooldown to 6.
- Increased cast range from 650 to 700.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +20 movement speed ➜ +2s slow duration.
- Level 15 left talent changed: +275 health ➜ 50% of movement speed bonus affects allies.
- Level 20 right talent changed: +50 attack speed ➜ grants 600 radius ground vision around the target.
- Level 25 right talent changed: 40% evasion ➜ 2 charges.
- Reduced incoming damage reduction from 40% to 35%.
- regenerates health for Bounty Hunter to resist enemy harassment.
- also restores health.
- allows Bounty Hunter to maintain casting his spells, as his base mana pool is quite small and Shadow Walk costs little mana to cast.
- provides attributes that improve survivability.
- are important for survival as an offlaner, and important for getting in position for ganks as a roamer. Buy them as early as possible.
- is a powerful early-game complement to Shadow Walk, as the combination of slows can reduce a target's movement speed by up to 53%
- is a good item to get on Bounty Hunter once he begins roaming, as it firms up his HP pool and gives him some mana regen. Getting successful ganks off will get charges that can be used either to add damage in further ganks or to heal in between ganks.
- is highly recommended on Bounty Hunter, as his small HP pool makes it disparately effective on him and his spells have low cooldowns (and a high mana cost, in the case of Shuriken Toss). A full charge Magic Stick can replenish a large fraction of Bounty Hunter's health, and give him enough mana to cast multiple spells. is powerful for all the same reasons, giving Bounty Hunter additional attributes as well as larger charge storage.
- increases the mana pool for Bounty Hunter and restore mana to team so everyone can use more abilities on the map.
- gives comprehensive attribute bonuses as well as increasing Bounty Hunter and his allies' movement speed, getting ganks going.
- improves Bounty Hunter's survivability with armor and attributes, as well as giving him increased mana regen. Using the active on a gank target reduces their armor by a large amount, and slows their movement and attack speed.
- dispels and reflects targeted abilities to protect Bounty Hunter and allies in team fights.
- replenishes health and mana to you and your teammates, removes debuffs from you, and the Mend and Guardian Aura abilities are strong during teamfights. It can also be farmed relatively quickly with Track kills.
- is very effective on Bounty Hunter both as a roamer. The low mana cost of his spells and his small HP pool mean that he gets a lot of benefits from the regen, and his mobility with Shadow Walk allows him to bottle runes as needed.
- allows Bounty Hunter to lifesteal, giving him a measure of sustainability by attacking creeps. The mana regen it provides makes him a more independent roamer, and the bonus damage and armor improve his offensive and defensive capabilities. Beware purchasing this item when initiating on foes in-lane though, as the lifesteal aura may give away your position.
- protects Bounty Hunter from targeted spells, on top of the stat and regen improvement. Blocking an enemy from targeting you with a disable or debuff can drastically improve Bounty Hunter's survivability when evading enemy ganks, and can increase the chances of successful ganks by preventing the enemy from counter-disabling you.
- greatly increases the size of Bounty Hunter's mana pool, as well as giving him powerful mana regen to let him sustain without having to return to the fountain as often. The silence is a powerful ganking tool, as it prevents foes from retaliating during a gank and can help ensure a kill due to the damage amplification at the end of the silence.
- , an upgrade from Orchid Malevolence increases Bounty Hunter's attack speed. The silence will not only prevent the enemy from retaliating with their spells, but also provide him with critical hits and accuracy, further securing more kills.
- is a powerful initiating item as it drastically increases the damage taken from attacking a target with Jinada and Track. The armor reduction helps allies to add their damage in a gank, ensuring a swift kill.
- greatly extends Bounty Hunter's already strong mobility, as he can chase and escape over impassable terrain, especially when combined with Track. It can be used in conjunction with Shadow Walk to allow for powerful initiations and chasing, preventing targets from running away under even the best of circumstances.
- can be a powerful utility item that aids Bounty Hunter's spell casting. It boosts the size of his mana pool, as well as providing mana regen. The increased cast range allow Bounty Hunter to cast his spells from safer range.
- is a very strong utility item that greatly improves Bounty Hunter's disabling potential. Besides giving him all-around attributes and greatly boosting his intelligence and mana regen, the Hex is an extremely powerful hard disable that can instantly disable a target from range.
- provides Bounty Hunter with intelligence while also greatly increasing his burst damage with its active skill.
- deals double damage under effect of , and with it can easily outperform any enemy carry hero in terms of DPS.
|Playstyle:||Fear is the mother of rumor, and tales of Gondar's origins are nothing but hearsay. He Shadow Walks into the best guarded keeps, enchanting his blades with the word "Jinada", so that they may cripple with a single slice. If that doesn't do the job, Gondar reaches for his oversized Shuriken, and slings it into his victim's back. For the right price, the Bounty Hunter will deliver any head. The hunted are tagged with an invisible mark, allowing Gondar and his partners to Track, kill, and make a little extra off the corpse. Because in the end, it's all about the gold.|
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Gondar's line, ▶️ "No job is too big, no fee is too big." is a direct quote from the movie Ghostbusters.
- Gondar's line, ▶️ "Dead or Alive you're coming with me." is the same line used multiple times by the main protagonist of the movie "Robocop".
- Bounty Hunter's line, ▶️ "You can run but you can't hide." is the same line from the movie "Liar Liar."