|An old bottle that survived the ages, the contents placed inside become enchanted.|
- Bottles are fully sharable.
- However, a Bottle which currently contains a rune cannot be shared, dropped or moved into the backpack.
- The Bottle does not disappear upon using up all charges.
- Bottles are automatically replenished when the carrier is affected by the Fountain's .
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Has no effect when used while having no charges left, only the cooldown gets triggered.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Always casts on self in one click. When holding the Ctrl key, a target has to be selected.
- If the target is more than 600 range away, the caster moves to the target until it is within 350 range before casting.
- If a cast order is given on a target which is within 600 range already, the caster does not need to move closer and casts it right away.
- can cast Regenerate, putting the item on its cooldown, but not regenerating the target or wasting a charge.
- The owner does not have to face the target to give it a Bottle charge.
- Can regenerate up to 115 health and 65 mana over its full duration.
- All 3 charges together can regenerate up to 345 health and 195 mana.
- Damage greater than
from any player (including allies, excluding self) or dispels the effect.
- Does not get dispelled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- While having a Bottle, right-clicking a rune stores it in the bottle, instead of activating it.
- Runes cannot be stored when the bottle is in the backpack. When the Bottle gets moved from the backpack into the main inventory, it is immediately able to store runes.
- The Bottle does not need to be empty to store runes. A full Bottle can be used to store runes just as well as an empty or half full one.
- A rune stays stored for up to 2 minutes, at which point it gets automatically used.
- This automatic usage does not interrupt the owner in any way, and does not break invisibility.
- While having a rune stored, the ability activates the rune, instead of regenerating the user.
- Unlike the automatically activated rune, manually activating it does interrupt the caster and does break invisibility, using Regenerate's behavior.
- Activating the rune (be it manually or automatically) refills the Bottle to 2 charges if it was a Bounty Rune or Water Rune, or all 3 charges if it was another rune.
- If the owner is dead as 2 minutes pass, the rune disappears without applying its effects, but the Bottle gets refilled normally.
- Only one rune can be stored in a Bottle at a time. Attempting to store another rune into it just directly uses the new targeted rune.
- However, it is possible to have multiple Bottles in the inventory and store a rune with each of them.
- Heroes who play in the mid-lane usually do well with a Bottle, because it allows them to control runes.
- can use a Bottle to increase the healing to his allies with .
- The Bottle can be used as a quick healing item that can be easily replenished, or to save up a rune for later use. Though it costs significantly more than other consumables, the Bottle does not have limited uses, as it can be refilled at the fountain at any time.
- The aura's buff lingers for three seconds, so for a brief time after leaving the fountain, Bottles are still refilled.
- Use the Bottle repeatedly at the fountain to regenerate faster.
- Upon activating an Invisibility Rune, Bottle can be used within the seconds fade time of the invisibility without breaking it, allowing the player to heal up while going invisible.
- Prior to the February 01, 2018 Patch, Bottle's passive ability, Store Rune, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.
Main Article: Bottle/Changelogs