|The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands.|
- Disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Does not blink for the full distance when targeting closer than the maximum distance.
- When point-targeted beyond the maximum blink distance, it blinks using the 960 range penalty distance, towards the targeted direction instead of maximum distance.
- The second sound only plays when the blinked distance is greater than 960. It is audible to everyone.
- Damage greater than from any player (including allies, excluding self) or puts the item on a 3 second cooldown.
- Shares cooldown with
- Does not share cooldown with .
Initiating heroes with strong, large AoE disables rely heavily on Blink Dagger to take multiple enemies by surprise.
Some heroes can use Blink Dagger to initiate with smaller disables or burst damage, but usually on fewer or single targets.
Support heroes with low cast animation disables can initiate on single targets for their team with Blink Dagger.
Split-pushing heroes often use Blink Dagger to elude defenders by blinking into the treeline.
Heroes with positioning abilities can take advantage of Blink Dagger to force enemies into unfavorable positions.
- Blink requires heroes to face the direction in which they are blinking. This means that heroes facing away from their blink destination will have to turn first, causing a slight delay depending on their turn rate.
- damage over time, meaning that it will prevent items like from resetting Blink Dagger's cooldown. 's barrier blocks
- Use Blink to dodge incoming projectile-based abilities such as or , and from items like .
- When Blink dagger go into cooldown upon taking damage on an escape, a quick self-cast with will allow you to wait the short cooldown relatively safely and blink out the moment you land on the ground.
- Blink Dagger can turn into a very strong escape tool if you are affected by .
- In the original DotA, this item was called Kelen's Dagger of Escape and changed to Kelen's Dagger because players used the item offensively, in reference to a Warcraft III item, Kelen's Dagger of Escape.
- Kelen was a well known rogue in the Warcraft universe, who was known for his ability to escape from any dangerous situation thanks to the help of his dagger.
- Riki and Lion are the only heroes who are missing responses for acquiring a Blink Dagger.
- cosmetic item, Little Blink Dagger, is based on Blink Dagger. 's