|The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands.|
- Disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Does not blink for the full distance when targeting closer than the max distance.
- When targeting beyond the max blink distance, it blinks for 960 range, using the penalty distance, towards the targeted direction instead of 1200.
- The second sound only plays when the blinked distance is greater than 960. It is audible to everyone.
- Damage greater than
from any player (including allies, excluding self) or puts Blink on a 3 second cooldown.
- The damage cooldown always triggers, even if Blink is e.g. dropped on the ground or still in the shop (before being purchased).
- Since it is a cooldown and not actually disabled, it can be refreshed with , and .
- However, this cooldown is not affected by percentage-based cooldown reductions.
- Does not get disabled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- Shares cooldown with
, and .
- Does not share cooldown with .
- Initiating heroes with strong, large AoE disables rely heavily on Blink Dagger to take multiple enemies by surprise.
- Some heroes can use Blink Dagger to initiate with smaller disables or burst damage, but usually on fewer or single targets.
- Support heroes with low cast animation disables can initiate on single targets for their team with Blink Dagger.
- Split-pushing heroes often use Blink Dagger to elude defenders by blinking into the treeline.
- Heroes with positioning abilities can take advantage of Blink Dagger to force enemies into unfavorable positions.
- Blink requires heroes to face the direction in which they are blinking. This means that heroes facing away from their blink destination will have to turn first, causing a slight delay depending on their turn rate.
- damage over time, meaning that it will prevent items like from resetting Blink Dagger's cooldown. 's barrier blocks
- Use Blink to dodge incoming projectile-based spells such as or , and from items like .
- When Blink dagger go into cooldown upon taking damage on an escape, a quick self-cast with will allow you to wait the short cooldown relatively safely and blink out the moment you land on the ground.
- Blink Dagger can turn into a very strong escape tool if you are affected by .
- In the original DotA, this item was called Kelen's Dagger of Escape and changed to Kelen's Dagger because players used the item offensively, in reference to a Warcraft III item, Kelen's Dagger of Escape.
- Kelen was a well known rogue in the Warcraft universe, who was known for his ability to escape from any dangerous situation thanks to the help of his dagger.
- Riki and Lion are the only heroes who are missing responses for acquiring a Blink Dagger.
- cosmetic item, Little Blink Dagger, is based on Blink Dagger. 's
Main Article: Blink Dagger/Changelogs