|The bearer of this mighty axe gains the ability to cut down swaths of enemies at once.|
- Can target any tree.
- Does not share cooldown with .
Attack Damage Bonus (Melee): 15
Attack Damage Bonus (Ranged): 6
- Stacks with the Quell of , but not with additional Battle Furies.
- When the owner's attack type changes to ranged or melee, the attack damage bonus adapts immediately.
- When attacking creeps, Quell also causes cleave, splash, , and to deal more damage to every unit they hit.
- Cleave damage cannot be amplified with outgoing spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- Can be amplified by incoming spell damage amplification.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of the attacking hero.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleaves. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
- Ranged units cannot cleave.
- Anti-Mage needs Battle Fury to farm, since he is terrible without items and has trouble farming fast without it. Combined with , he can flash-farm the jungle and quickly build his much needed items if not ganked.
- Juggernaut can farm very quickly with it when combined with his low base attack time and crits.
- is Riki's main source of damage. Battle Fury helps to deal more damage in the 450 radius provides. It also helps Riki farm his items more quickly.
- Melee carries who want to accelerate their farm speed: , , , ,
- The Battle Fury is great tool for farming but a poor choice for mid game skirmishes owing to its lack of primary attributes. Avoid it if the enemy team plays aggressively and your presence is required in team fights early.
- Effective against illusions, summoned units, jungle stacks, ancient stacks and mega creeps.
- A Battle Fury allows a melee hero to farm faster than a Midas. You can get this item after boots start with a ring of regen if you are laning or get damage if you are jungling, then get a mobility item like Blink Dagger to reach camps faster.
- The cleave benefits from critical hits, including those from items and ignores evasion.
- Having Battle Fury can help greatly against an enemy , since some carries have little means to escape his without it (the most obvious being and )
- Melee heroes with high attack speed can push far more effectively with Battle Fury, even in late game. Critical hits help too.
Main Article: Battle Fury/Changelogs