|The bearer of this mighty axe gains the ability to cut down swaths of enemies at once.|
- Can target any tree.
- Does not share cooldown with .
Attack Damage Bonus (Melee): 18
Attack Damage Bonus (Ranged): 6
- Stacks with the Quell of , but not with additional Battle Furies.
- When the owner's attack type changes to ranged or melee, the attack damage bonus adapts immediately.
- When attacking creeps, Quell also causes cleave, splash, , and to deal more damage to every unit they hit.
- Cleave damage cannot be amplified with outgoing spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- Can be amplified by incoming spell damage amplification.
- Cleave damage is reduced by Damage Block.
- The complete area is shaped like an isosceles trapezoid in front of the attacking hero.
- Fully stacks with other sources of cleaves. Each source of cleave works completely independent.
- Does not cleave upon attacking wards, buildings or allied units. Wards and buildings are unaffected by cleave.
- Despite the visual effect, cleave damage is applied instantly in the whole area.
- Ranged units cannot cleave.
- Anti-Mage needs Battle Fury to farm, since he is terrible without items and has trouble farming fast without it. Combined with , he can flash-farm the jungle and quickly build his much needed items if not ganked.
- Juggernaut can farm very quickly with it when combined with his low base attack time and crits.
- Battle Fury is a must for a physical damage-built Ember Spirit, since almost his entire damage output relies on , which can deal enormous damage with Battle Fury but little without it. Ember Spirit is also the most reliable carrier of multiple Battle Furies, since each one greatly increases his damage and unlike other carries, he stays safe during while it greatly weakens the survivability of other carriers by having multiple Battle Furies.
- is Riki's main source of damage. Battle Fury helps to deal more damage in the 450 radius provides. It also helps Riki farm his items more quickly.
- Melee carries who want to accelerate their farm speed: , , , ,
- The Battle Fury is great tool for farming but a poor choice for mid game skirmishes owing to its lack of primary attributes. Avoid it if the enemy team plays aggressively and your presence is required in team fights early.
- Effective against illusions, summoned units, jungle stacks, ancient stacks and mega creeps.
- A Battle Fury allows a melee hero to farm faster than a Midas. You can get this item after boots start with a ring of regen if you are laning or get damage if you are jungling, then get a mobility item like Blink Dagger to reach camps faster.
- The cleave benefits from critical hits, including those from items and ignores evasion.
- Having Battle Fury can help greatly against an enemy , since some carries have little means to escape his without it (the most obvious being and )
- Melee heroes with high attack speed can push far more effectively with Battle Fury, even in late game. Critical hits help too.
Main Article: Battle Fury/Changelogs