|Can lasso an enemy away from his team.|
|While most would find being kidnapped by a morde-bat to be a terrifying ordeal, one particular young man found the incident exhilarating. Seeking to relive the thrill of flight, he entered the Yama Raskav Jungle, and came out soaring high above the canopy as the Batrider. Atop his leathery mount, he drenches targets below in Sticky Napalm, increasing their flammability before setting the land ablaze with Firefly. He hurls an explosive cocktail, "The Flamebreak", an explosive shot knocking foes away. Want a ride? That can be arranged. As he spots his targets from above, and throws out his Flaming Lasso to string them along for a fiery experience they will not soon forget.|
|Roles:||Initiator Jungler Disabler Escape|
- Can be cast without having to face towards the targeted area.
- Applies a debuff to enemies inside the area. Leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect
- Provides 450 radius flying vision at the targeted point upon cast for 2 seconds.
- Each cast refreshes the duration of the whole stack while adding one more instance.
- The debuff slows and causes the damage. It also shows the amount of current stacks the target has on the debuff icon, visible to everyone.
- Affected units also have a number above them, showing the number of current stacks on the target.
- This number is only visible to Batrider and his allies, however, they require vision over the target to see it.
- Can slow movement speed for up to 20%/40%/60%/80%.
- Can deal up to 70/140/210/280 ( ) damage per triggering damage instance (before reductions).
- Sticky Napalm triggers on any damage instance caused by Batrider, except from damage sources with the no-reflection flag and the following item abilities:
- , , , , , and .
- Batrider himself has to cause the damage. Other player-controlled units do not trigger Sticky Napalm.
- Sticky Napalm deals its damage in a separate damage instance, right after the triggering damage.
, Batrider's attacks passively have a chance to apply a stack of Sticky Napalm on the target.
- The passive procs are independent from the cooldown, and do not require mana.
- Sticky Napalm uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Flamebreak travels at a speed of 1200 until reaching the targeted point.
- The projectile has 175 radius flying vision. This vision does not last.
- Knocks units back at a speed of 857.14, the knockback distance is always 300, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Also knocks affected enemies 100 units upwards, resulting in a small arc.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast abilities and use items. Channeling abilities are not interrupted.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Applies a debuff on enemies upon projectile impact which deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after it is placed, resulting in 2/4/6/8 instances.
- Can deal up to 60/120/180/240 damage (before reductions).
- The burn debuff from successive does not stack, but adds to the existing debuff's duration instead.
- Flamebreak first applies the , then the impact damage, then the damage debuff, then the knockback.
- Does not affect .
- Acquiring the talent instantly grants extra charge.
- The talent instantly applies stacks of based on its current level, in its effect radius upon projectile impact.
- Sticky Napalm notes fully apply. If it is not leveled, no stacks are applied.
- Firefly interrupts Batrider's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Temporarily grants Batrider unobstructed movement, allowing him to path over impassable terrain, units, buildings, and trees.
- Increases Batrider's daytime and nighttime vision range to 1700/1800/1900/2000 and 900/1000/1100/1200 respectively.
- The entire ability lasts for 15 ( ) seconds, meaning when the duration ends, the entire flame trail disappears at once as well.
- The talent does not affect any of Batrider's currently ongoing Firefly instances.
- Damage is dealt to every enemy unit which comes within 200 radius of the fire trail.
- Deals 10/17.5/25/32.5 damage per interval, starting 0.1 seconds after cast, the first interval is 0.4 seconds, the rest are 0.5 seconds, resulting in 31 ( ) damage instances.
- Can deal up to 310/542.5/775/1007.5 ( ) damage to a single unit (before reductions) when the affected unit stays in range for the full duration.
- During Firefly, trees within 100 radius of Batrider is destroyed.
- The fire trails from successive casts fully stack. Each cast creates its buff with its own fire trail.
- When Batrider dies during Firefly, the already existing fire on the ground still stays for the remaining duration.
- The buffs remain visible in the HUD, and are now only responsible for keeping the already existing fire up.
- This means when respawning before they expire, they do not make Batrider fly again or make him leave fire behind again.
- Does not affect .
- Flaming Lasso fully disables the target for its duration.
- Batrider is disarmed during Flaming Lasso. The disarm either lasts 3/3.5/4 seconds, or until the lasso is broken, whichever is shorter.
- With , Batrider is not disarmed during Flaming Lasso.
- Drags the targeted unit 300 distance behind Batrider. Despite the ability description, it can drag the target over impassable terrain.
- If Batrider teleports a distance greater than 425, the lasso breaks.
- Flaming Lasso overrides every other position changing effect, making only teleports able to break the lasso.
- If the target gets teleported any distance (even at 0 range), the lasso breaks.
- The lasso also breaks when either Batrider or the target dies.
- It also breaks if the targets gets affected by Fear, Hypnosis, or .
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, with a total of 3/3/4 instances.
- Can deal up to 105/165/300 damage per target (before reductions).
- Cannot be cast on, but can drag invulnerable and hidden units.
- Can be cast on , but he is neither disabled, dragged nor damaged. Batrider is still disarmed.
- It is possible to have multiple units lassoed at the same time (e.g. by using ).
- With creep-heroes and illusions) of the enemy target within range is lassoed as well.
, the closest allied hero (including
- The secondary target is bound to the first, so it is dragged after it, at the same distance as the primary target is dragged behind Batrider.
- This means the secondary target is dragged distance behind Batrider.
- The secondary lasso is independent from the primary. When the primary lasso is broken, its target can act freely while the secondary target remains being dragged by it.
|applies 2 Stacks||25||+6.5sDuration|
|-10sCooldown||15||+20 Movement Speed|
Main Article: Batrider/Changelogs
- Increased armor from 1 to 2.
- Reduced mana cost from 110/120/130/140 to 110/115/120/125.
- Reduced mana cost from 225 on each level to 175/200/225.
- Old: Replaces cooldown with 2 charges that have a 18/17/16/15 second replenish time, and causes it to apply one stack of on impact.
- New: disarms the Batrider, and causes Batrider's attacks to apply a stack of on the target. no longer
- Level 10 left talent changed: +6 armor ➜ +75 knockback distance.
- Level 10 right talent changed: +5% spell damage amplification ➜ +75 radius.
- Level 15 left talent changed: +250 health ➜ -10s cooldown.
- Level 15 right talent changed: +5 movement speed. damage ➜ +25
- Level 20 left talent changed: +30 movement speed ➜ 2 charges.
- Level 20 right talent changed: +20% magic resistance ➜ +6 damage.
- Level 25 left talent changed: -35s cooldown ➜ applies 2 stacks.
- gives needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- restores health to Batrider to keep him in lane.
- gives cheap health, mana, and damage and can build into Magic Wand.
- sustains mana in lane to keep using abilities.
- increases movement speed to make plays in the offlane, and it can upgrade to Tranquil Boots.
- increases movement speed to keep Firefly on targets.
- helps with sustainability through burst health and mana restoration.
- provides a source of health regeneration and huge movement speed bonus to allow Batrider to remain in lane.
- provides attributes and more burst health and mana than Magic Stick.
- gives attributes and mana regeneration; but more importantly, the movement speed allows Batrider to quickly grab target with Flaming Lasso to his team.
- offers exceptional mobility for Batrider to easily go for Flaming Lasso, the most important item for him.
- can be used while Lassoing a target, allowing you to drag them even further.
- protects Batrider from disables, meaning he can drag the target further out of position without dying as quickly himself.
- has an active slow that may prevent enemies from reacting to your initiation; the damage it deals can put their on cooldown. Also, it gives armor and intelligence for sustainability.
- gives early mana regeneration and absorbs some magical damage.
- gives movement speed to improve Flaming Lasso's drag distance, mana regeneration to help spam your abilities, and also another disable to aid in teamfights or to disjoint projectiles.
- , along with the additional vision of Firefly and flying vision of Sticky Napalm, enables Batrider to initiate safely from the covers of trees with True Sight.
- provides some attributes and makes Batrider invulnerable to physical attacks, a great item to escape or complete your initiation without dying too quickly against carries. It can be also upgraded into , which Batrider can freely use, due to his damage output consisting only from magical damage.
- provides extra attributes and allows Batrider to defend himself from physical attacks, or to increase damage output and to apply a disarm on a targeted enemy.
- gives Batrider extra magical damage output and some burst potency, which allows him to kill the enemy affected by Flaming Lasso.
- gives unmatched global presence and the extra movement speed allows Batrider to drag enemies further.
- root a target, preventing them from moving. gives attributes to Batrider and can
- allows Batrider to latch Flaming Lasso on two heroes instead of one, giving tremendous control, especially in the late game.
- grants regeneration, attributes, and a Spellblock to protect Batrider during an execution of Flaming Lasso.
- hex to further disable a single target, which proves deadly in the late game. gives attributes, mana regeneration, and a
- supplies health and mana. The Cooldown Reduction allows Batrider to keep using abilities, which is especially threatening to enemies with an increased frequency of Flaming Lasso.
- Batrider is occasionally referred to as "Batman" in game, mostly due to the recent popularity of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy starring Christian Bale and Gary Oldman.
- In DotA, Batrider's full name was "Jin'zakk, the Batrider". In Dota 2, his name was removed for unspecified reasons.
- After killing Faceless Void, Batrider says ▶️ "Hey Void! Have you seen Bat to the Future?", which is a reference to the film "Back to The Future"
- Batrider's unused kill response "Scuse me while I cook this guy." is likely a reference to the song Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix.
- Batrider's concept may well be based on Project X-Ray, a military strategy developed during World War II which involved using bats equipped with small, timed, napalm-like incendiaries to decimate towns (See Alexis C. Madrigal's "Old, Weird Tech: The Bat Bombs of World War II," in The Atlantic, 14 April 2011).