|A simple design much improved by a master smith's loving hand.|
Neutral Drop Only
- Ballistas are fully sharable.
- Stacks with all other attack range bonuses.
- Affects the cast range of active attack modifiers as well.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- Successive attacks with Ballista do not stack the debuff, but refresh the duration and knockback instead.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then the knockback damage, then their own damage.
- The target is not disabled during the knockback, so they still can cast spells or items, attack and turn during the push.
- This means it does not cancel channeling spells of the target.
- More attack range for is great, and helps Silencer to kite or increase distance between him and his enemies, especially melee cores.
- Ballista boosts Sniper's high damage and attack range. The passive deals bonus damage and knockback to prevent the enemies from coming near him.
- Allows Windranger to continuously knockback the enemies during .
- Synergizes well with , slowing and knockbacking enemies from even greater range.
- Situational item on a Jakiro. With the bonus attack range talent, combined with ( and ), Ballista enables Jakiro to melt buildings down from a safe distance. The item works even better if the player opted for a right-click Jakiro build.
- Ballista is best shared with ranged carry heroes who rely on physical damage:
Main Article: Ballista/Changelogs