|Weapon of choice among brutes, the bearer sacrifices his life energy to gain immense strength and power.|
- Attack damage, attack speed, armor, and health regeneration bonuses of multiple Armlets of Mordiggian do not stack.
- toggled On: grants the a total of the following bonuses while
- Once toggled On, instantly grants regular flat bonus attack damage, while the bonus armor is granted after the 0.6 seconds delay.
- The strength bonus is granted during the 0.6 seconds delay, 4.17 strength in 0.1-second intervals.
- This strength bonus does not keep the current health percentage, but instead adds 20 health per strength to the current health pool.
- Increases current health by a total of 500 once all the strength is gained.
- This health bonus does not count as a heal, so it is unaffected by amplifications, but still does not bypass .
- However, while , it does not increase the current health, but keeps the current health percentage instead.
- Drains 5 health in 0.11-second intervals, starting 0.11-second after toggled on.
- Does not drain health while invulnerable and cannot bring the user's health below 1. Does not toggle Off when reaching 1 health.
- Upon toggling Off, all bonuses are lost instantly. The strength loss works like the gain, and only affects the maximum health.
- However, also like upon toggling On, the user loses 20 health per strength, instantly losing up to 500 of current health.
- This health loss is not lethal either, and cannot drop the user's health below 1.
- Unholy Strength does not persist through death. If it was active upon death, the user respawns with it deactivated.
- Multiple instances of Unholy Strength do not stack.
- If multiple Armlets are toggled On, toggling Off any Armlet removes the Unholy Strength buff.
- Assuming no other factors, it takes 12.5 seconds for the health cost to overcome the bonus health on the active.
- The Armlet is the most cost-effective item to build, especially on strength heroes that benefit most from its DPS increase. It is also useful on heroes with illusions or abilities that increase their base damage (like 's ultimate).
- When toggled on, Armlet increases maximum and current health by 500. This means when not at full health, it can effectively work as a temporary heal. However, it also has the opposite effect when toggling off, instantly reducing the hero's health by 500 (but not below 1). When toggled properly, this allows heroes at low health to survive and turn fights.
- This item is very good with lifesteal, and if the user's damage output is high enough it can negate the health loss, depending on the amount of lifesteal the user has.
- The 's passive regen vastly overturns the health loss, allowing to have the Armlet constantly active.
- 's is normally affected by the health drain, but does not benefit from the strength bonus.
- Armlet of Mordiggian is named after Mordiggian, a deity in the Cthulhu Mythos created by Clark Ashton Smith in his story The Charnel God (1934), whose powers consist of sucking away life force and whose cult consists entirely of ghouls.
- cosmetic item, Chaos Knight's Armlet of Mordiggian, is based on Armlet of Mordiggian. 's
Main Article: Armlet of Mordiggian/Changelogs