|Magi equipped with these boots are valued in battle.|
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple pairs of -based items do not stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonus.
Heroes who generally want to stay in lane as long as possible need Arcane Boots to supplement their and their team's mana.
Nuker heroes that rely heavily on their abilities can use Arcane Boots to replenish their own mana.
Some initiator heroes need Arcane Boots so they have enough mana to use their initiation abilities twice with.
Some heroes need Arcane Boots to stay mobile by using their abilities more often.
- If the player drops items which provides a large amount of mana (e.g. or ), then uses Arcane Boots, and then picks up the dropped items again, the player will overall gain far more than 160 mana. This is because upon dropping the mana granting items, the player's maximum mana drops while the current mana percentage stays the same, but Arcane Boots still gives the full amount. After picking up the items again, its maximum mana raises, and its current mana percentage stays the same.
- Using Replenish Mana every time it is off cooldown is equivalent to 3.18 mana per second.
- Arcane Boots was originally created as Arcane Ring, being built out of recipe. Its recipe got changed and its theme reworked into Arcane Boots in the 6.68 gameplay patch.
, , and a
- 's appearance is designed after this as well, sharing aesthetics with Arcane Boots.