Kaldr the Ancient Apparition is a faint and eerie projection of a being that exists outside of time. His stake in the war of the Ancients is unknown, but what we should be more concerned about is the grim fate that he brings to all of creation.
Kaldr appears unto the world as an incorporeal elemental of ice: a being at one with nature, but in this case he is at one with the icy elements of nature. This elemental is naught but an image, a mere projection of a greater being that exists outside time in the cold, infinite void—a presence that predates the universe and awaits its end at the moment of the great equilibrium.
Mere apocrypha dictates that as the cosmos ages and is ushered to its final moments by time, Kaldr's light and power will grow ever stronger. His Ancient moniker will lose its meaning as he defies time's aging and grows younger, his grip of ice will bring all matter to a stop, his image will cast a light too terrible to behold and herald the coming of the great equilibrium!
Personality and Mannerisms
- Likely as a joke on his name, Kaldr will often speak about his age and ghostly nature, sometimes acting like an elderly being or a spooky ghost.
Powers and Abilities
Kaldr is, as his name says, an apparition. He is a spiritual being in a body of ghostly ice that is animated by the spirit within. Because he embodies and wields ice and cold, he is an ice elemental.
This is not his true form, however. His lore suggests that he embodies the heat death of the universe, as implied in his lore which mentions the cessation of matter in the time of the great equilibrium. Kaldr's earliest depictions were once recorded in unreadable texts written in an extinct language. Archivists from the Ultimyr Archives have found these texts and one of them attempted to use a deciphering spell to read it, but was driven mad as a result.
The power that we observe from Kaldr is but a fainted echo of his true cosmic form. His powers are limited to a worldly ice elemental that can manipulate cold and ice, but soon Kaldr will gradually grow stronger as the end of the universe approaches where he will be able to stop matter itself. It would seem that he is no mere elemental however, since he can control time to a minor extent.
Outside of's effect in gameplay, the lore for this ability implies that it is much more powerful than what we see from his gameplay. The ability's lore describes that just his mere presence can draw those around him into a frozen void, where they will be locked in an "icy prison" for eternity. This "frozen void" might be the same cold and infinite void where Kaldr's image springs from outside time, which means that this ability is no mere freezing spell, but rather a gateway beyond time and into the void itself.
Kaldr manipulates frozen, caustic winds at a whim, creating anthat freezes the area and anyone caught in its area of effect.
allows Kaldr to use his "eternal knowledge" to imbue his attacks with a frigid enchantment. The old lore for this ability before it was reworked once stated that this also enchants his allies.
Channeling ice storms from ages past through his frosty limbs, Kaldr releases their power through anthat crashes into the world and freezes anyone caught in its ill wake into statues of ice. The lore implies that these ice storms are actually drawn from time periods in the past before being sent into the present by Kaldr, hinting at some form of temporal power.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Ancient Apparition
- ▶️ You're not much of a people person, are you.
- ▶️ I'm not sure if the shivers I'm feeling are nerves, or just being around you.
- ▶️ Convenient that you're here, Apparition. Let's fight after the fight.
- ▶️ You mistake me Apparition. I am more than you know.
- ▶️ Ancient Apparition: an elemental in service to the Fundament.
- ▶️ Just between us, Kaldr, what's your stake in all this?
- ▶️ I'm not keen on frost, yeah? Let's keep it to a minimum.
- ▶️ Apparition, with you by my side I'll live to be an ancient mariner!
- ▶️ ▶️ Listen ghost, if you're ever gonna ask the Crystal Maiden out on that date, you better start working on those ice puns.
- ▶️ ▶️ Here's the plan: you freeze 'em, and I'll smash their face in.
- ▶️ Are you brighter than you were yesterday?
- ▶️ Does anything surprise you anymore, Kaldr?
- ▶️ Excellent, an apparition of exceptional age. What I wonder can it teach me.
- ▶️ Cookies n' cold cream go together just nice.
- ▶️ So are you supposed to be some kind of ice ghost?
- ▶️ Have you knowledge of events to come, Kaldr?
Enemies meeting Ancient Apparition
- ▶️ You should've stayed incorporeal.
- ▶️ They say you always were. Now you'll never be again.
- ▶️ ▶️ You should've stayed home, Apparition. You're not walking away from this.
Enemies killing Ancient Apparition
- ▶️ I always wondered what you'd get if you melted Apparition down.
- ▶️ When your blood runs cold, you can blame it on me.
- ▶️ I prefer my spirits in liquid form.
- ▶️ Time for a cold one.
- ▶️ When ice meets blade, ice loses.
- ▶️ Ice is no match for fire.
- ▶️ Naught but steam!
- ▶️ Old, cold and busted.
- ▶️ You never should've stuck your nose in my business, Kaldr.
- ▶️ You've lurked at the edges for too long. I say no more.
- ▶️ You have been too long in the cold.
- ▶️ You should not fight your betters.
- ▶️ You are beneath me.
- ▶️ Hate to shatter your dreams, you frigid idiot.
- ▶️ A respectable chill, Apparition, but put some fire in it next time. More ice, too.
- ▶️ Ancient you were, dead you are.
- ▶️ It always feels good to kill an ancient one.
- ▶️ Ah, that feels nice. I'd worked up a sweat!
- ▶️ Ice cracks, the same as stone.
- ▶️ ▶️ You think you're the first spirit I've dealt with?
- ▶️ Not ancient enough, it appears, to know better.
- ▶️ You require a bit more fire in your belly to take me on.
- ▶️ Chirp!
- ▶️ Thaw and shatter.
- ▶️ Nothing personal, ice cube. I'd have welcomed you just the same.
- ▶️ So much for that business opportunity!
- ▶️ Death's cold embrace.
- ▶️ Mm, Spirit, Apparition…they're nothing alike.
- ▶️ Nothing personal, Ancient. Some of my best friends are fossils.
- ▶️ Did you know that I shatter ice with my fists for fun?
- ▶️ I once thought you might aid my cause in a much greater capacity than fodder.
- ▶️ You're the ice cold wind beneath my wings.
- ▶️ You shall almost certainly exhale your last in an icy blast.
- Leshrac's biography: Like other elemental characters, he is completely at one with nature...
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ Feh, youth today.
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ I'm too old for this!
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ Haunted path.
- Enigma response: ▶️ Ancient Apparition: an elemental in service to the Fundament.
- Enigma response: ▶️ You mistake me Apparition. I am more than you know.
- Enigma response: ▶️ You should not fight your betters.
- Monkey King response: ▶️ Listen ghost, if you're ever gonna ask the Crystal Maiden out on that date, you better start working on those ice puns.
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ My spirit may be locked in ice, but my rage still burns.
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ Ice elemental.
- Ancient Apparition response: ▶️ Enigma, elemental to elemental.
- Ancient Apparition's biography: His grip of ice will bring all matter to a stop...
- Shatterblast Core description.
- Shatterblast Rule description.