Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is a ranged intelligence hero who is usually played as a support. Though frail, this icy elemental caster possesses strong semi-spammable spells and a painful global ultimate. Cold Feet harms enemies and will also stun them unless they move away from the cast area, making the spell dangerous when used in conjunction with disables from allies. Ice Vortex is a low-cooldown zoning ability, applying a heavy slow and magic damage amplification to nearby enemies. This combines effectively with Chilling Touch, which endows Kaldr with enhanced magic damage from great range. His ultimate Ice Blast is one of the game's most devastating spells, with a global range and a radius that increases the further the blast travels. All enemies struck by it endure hefty damage, are temporarily prevented from healing or regenerating, and instantly perish if their health falls too low. Ancient Apparition can be devastating in team fights, and makes an excellent counter to heroes who rely on healing and regeneration.
- Cold Feet places an initial debuff on the target and places an icy marker at its current position upon cast.
- As long as the target stays within 715 ( ) radius of the mark, it takes damage from the debuff and after 4 seconds it is stunned.
- If the target moves 715 ( ) range away from the mark at any point during the initial debuff, the ability completely stops, removing the debuff and the marker.
- This means even when the target moves back within range, it is not frozen or damaged further.
- Also considers the target's vertical position, so getting moved far up enough can stop Cold Feet as well.
- When cast on units which already have the Cold Feet modifier, nothing happens.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- The stun is applied 1 second after the last instance.
- Can deal up to 120/200/280/360 damage to the target (before reductions).
- The talent does not update the break distance of already placed Cold Feet debuffs.
- All effects are provided by an aura, (including the and debuff). The lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Reduces most heroes' total magic resistance to 16%/13%/10%/7% ( ).
- The talent immediately upgrades all currently active Ice Vortexes, including already placed debuffs.
- Successive casts of Ice Vortex do not stack. A unit can only be affected by one of them even when multiple of them are overlapping.
- Provides 200 radius ground vision at the targeted point for its duration.
, deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after receiving the debuff, resulting in up to possible instances.
- Can deal up to before reductions) to a single unit within the area for the entire duration. damage (
- Acquiring Aghanim's Shard immediately upgrades all currently active Ice Vortexes, including already placed debuffs.
- The cast range equals the caster's attack range and the bonus attack range from the ability.
- For Ancient Apparition, the range is 735/795/855/915.
- The cast range can be further increased by other attack range bonuses. However, it is not affected by cast range bonuses.
- The level 10 talent increases the total cast range to .
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- The debuffs from successive casts fully stack, with each instance creating its own debuff.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then the spell damage, then the attack damage.
- Upon cast, Ice Blast is replaced by the
- The tracer projectile travels at a speed of 1500 until Release is cast, Ancient Apparition dies, or it reaches the map boundaries.
- The tracer projectile itself is harmless. It neither deals damage, nor places the debuff.
- The tracer is visible to allies only. The initial cast sound is also only audible to allies.
- The explosion radius starts at 275 and increases by 50 for every second the tracer has traveled, capped at 1000 radius.
- Thus, it takes at least 15 seconds to reach the maximum radius, equaling 22500 units traveled.
- The tracer provides 500 radius flying vision around itself as it travels. This vision does not last.
- Unlike the debuff, the explosion damage hits all enemy units, including creeps, excluding buildings and wards.
- The debuff freezes health, it prevents the current health of affected units from increasing.
- However, it does not prevent the following abilities from increasing the hero's health: , , , , , , , and .
- Units with the debuff on die instantly when their health drops below the threshold.
- The debuff checks the unit's health upon taking damage, excluding damage flagged by HP removal.
- The kill is credited to the source of the damage which brought them below the threshold.
- However, if it was caused by self-inflicted damage, Ancient Apparition is credited instead.
- Has a lower priority than , so if affected by both, Winter's Curse takes priority.
- Has a higher priority than , so if affected by both, Ice Blast takes priority.
- Min health prevents affected units from dying to the shatter for its duration. Invulnerable units cannot shatter.
- The debuff deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 10/11/12 instances.
- The debuff itself can deal up to 125/220/384 damage (before reductions).
- Together with the explosion, Ice Blast can deal up to 375/545/784 damage.
- Replaces until the sub-ability is used or the tracer disappears.
- Upon cast, the tracer stops travelling and marks the total area hit by the explosion once the icy ball of hail reaches its position.
- It also provides 650 radius flying vision at that position for 4 seconds.
- The icy ball of hail travels at a speed of 750, or reaches the targeted point 1.75 seconds after launch, whichever is faster.
- The icy ball is only released when Release is cast, or when Ancient Apparition dies while the tracer is still travelling.
- It is not released when the tracer reaches the map boundary. In this case, the ability is wasted.
- Every enemy unit which comes within 275 radius of the icy ball as it travels, or is hit by the explosion gets the
- The debuff starts expiring only once outside of range of the icy ball. Getting within range again immediately refreshes the duration.
- The icy ball is fully visible to enemies. But unlike the tracer, it is not visible on the minimap.
- The icy ball provides 500 radius flying vision as it travels, which lasts for 3 seconds.
|+4%Kill Threshold||25||450 AoE|
|+8% Spell Amplification||10||200Attack Range|
- Level 10 right talent: +175 attack range increased to +200.
- Level 15 left talent: +150 break distance increased to +200.
- Level 20 left talent: +70 damage increased to +80.
- Level 25 right talent: 500 AoE reduced to 450 AoE.
- Reduced magic resistance reduction from 15%/20%/25%/30% to 12%/16%/20%/24%.
- Reduced explosion damage from 250/350/450 to 250/325/400.
- gives cheap bonus attributes which is helpful for laning and can be built into .
- is needed because Ancient Apparition is very mana dependent in the early game. These potions will make spamming Cold Feet possible.
- grants health restoration, which is very important for a fragile hero.
- also restores health to you and allies.
- not only helps your team out by providing vision, but help you out, too, by scouting low-HP enemies to Ice Blast.
- gives some overall attributes and good mana regeneration. Its ability will make ganking easier, while it can also be used to heal allies.
- helps with sustaining both your health and mana.
- are needed for the movement speed bonus.
- provide Ancient Apparition and his allies with much-needed mana sustain, as well as increase Ancient Apparition's own mana pool.
- gives plenty of mana regeneration, some mana, and some movement speed. You can activate its ability on an enemy after casting Cold Feet and the opposing hero will be stunned and frozen most of the time.
- is an extremely useful item which can be picked up as an escape mechanism or a chasing item. It can be used to help teammates as well.
- grants magic resistance and invisibility to help Ancient Apparition and allies escape or initiate without being seen.
- can be a good item choice when Ancient Apparition has an above-average early game, sustaining him with a steady gold and experience gain.
- is a great utility item which will make you and your team much harder to kill. Use its ability to heal you and nearby friendly heroes at the cost of some mana, while buffing everyone at the same time. It can be later upgraded into .
- can be chosen over Arcane Boots to sustain Ancient Apparition's health, as his high Intelligence growth and low mana costs make mana less of an issue.
- makes Ancient Apparition immune to physical attacks, allowing him to survive when enemy carries are coming for him.
- boosts Ancient Apparition's damage output, making Ice Blast in particular more dangerous, at a cheap cost. It can be upgraded into for a much needed boost to durability.
- root combines very well with Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, and Ice Blast. grants a decent amount of overall stats, padding out Ancient Apparition's anemic health pool and bolstering his mana. Its
- is a natural upgrade to Urn of Shadows, and the percentage-based damage synergizes nicely with Ice Blast.
- is a very strong late-game item that gives a great attribute increase, all the mana regeneration you'll ever need, and an amazing disable. Its only downside is its hefty price.
- gives a lot of intelligence and armor. Its ability slows down enemies and damages them in a large radius, making it perfect in teamfights where you are the first priority target.
- is good on most spell-casters and Ancient Apparition is no exception. But it's extremely expensive and should never be considered as the first major item on Ancient Apparition.
- could theoretically prevent any kind of healing for 20/22/24 seconds with a double Ice Blast, an ultimate late game item.
|Roles:||Support Disabler Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Projected from the cold, infinite void, the Ancient Apparition known as Kaldr is but a faint image of his true self. Nevertheless, his Chilling Touch is enough to crack the sturdiest of armors. Caught in an Ice Vortex, heroes afflicted with Cold Feet seldom go far. A frozen sphere flies across the sky, expanding at its destination. Within seconds, an Ice Blast strikes the marked area. Flash frozen, enemies have no choice but to retreat before their brittle bodies shatter to pieces...|
- Kaldr's lore suggests that he is the embodiment of the Heat Death, a theoretical fate of the universe. According to this theory, the universe will achieve thermodynamic equilibrium and will no longer transfer energy. This would result in a universal temperature growing colder and a cessation of processes that require energy consumption, such as life.
- "Kaldr" is old norse and translates to "cold" in English.
- In DotA, Ancient Apparition is one of several heroes with custom models. It utilizes a custom model called "IcyGhost", created in 2006 by the pseudonymous content creator PrMosquito, from the Hive Workshop community. The Dota 2 counterpart is modeled after the original design.
Model before the November 01, 2017 Patch