Razzil Darkbrew, the Alchemist, is a melee strength hero whose alchemical prowess makes him a strange but versatile fighter. He is an unusual carry based upon transmuting killed creeps into large amounts of bonus gold, with both an early game and late game presence due to the enormous health regeneration from his ultimate and the first strike nature of his other spells. His low but balanced attributes and the sure promise of gold for items means he can be one of the most disparately built heroes in the game.
Unstable Concoction is his main contribution early on, dealing good damage and a lengthy stun. Acid Spray allows him to rapidly clear waves of creeps for his Greevil's Greed to contribute massive amounts of extra income. A well-equipped Alchemist can then use Chemical Rage to its fullest effect, as the incredible regeneration and base attack time reduction make it one of the best steroid abilities in the game.
- The armor reduction is provided by an aura. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds. The damage is independent from the aura.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in up to 17 instances.
- Can deal up to 340/425/510/595 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- When leveling up the ability while a cast is already active, the armor reduction value on already affected units does not update to the new value.
- However, if an enemy receives the debuff after leveling it up, that enemy receives the new armor reduction value.
- The damage value does not update and is always based on the level the ability was cast on.
- The damage of multiple instances of Acid Spray fully stacks. However, the armor reduction does not.
- Does not affect .
- Interrupts Alchemist's channeling abilities upon cast.
- A timer above Alchemist's head shows how much time is left before the Concoction blows up. This timer is visible to everyone.
- While brewing the concoction, Alchemist can still move around and act freely.
- The brewing animation and particles are visible to everyone. The Unstable Concoction buff is hidden.
- The sound can be heard by enemies only when the ability was cast within their vision range.
- The damage starts at 0 and increases by 3.2/4.8/6.4/8 ( ) for each 0.1 seconds brewed, reaching the full damage in 5 seconds.
- The talent immediately upgrades Alchemist's currently brewing concoction and all of his currently flying concoction projectiles.
- The stun starts at 0.25 seconds and increases by 0.03/0.045/0.06/0.075 for each 0.1 seconds brewed, reaching 1.75/2.5/3.25/4 in 5 seconds.
- The concoction first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Unstable Concoction always affects a 250 ( ) radius around where it explodes, including when it explodes on Alchemist.
- The talent immediately updates all of Alchemist's currently brewing concoction and all of his currently flying concoction projectiles.
- Replaces until the sub-ability is used or the concoction blows up.
- The targeting reticule must be centered over an enemy unit.
- The concoction travels at a speed of 900.
- Once thrown, Unstable Concoction stops brewing.
- Greevil's Greed triggers on every last hit Alchemist makes on units that have a death gold bounty, except for buildings, illusions and the .
- Alchemist himself has to last hit to gain a stack, making last hits with other owned units does not add to his current stack.
- All stacks work fully independently from each other. They last 36 seconds each and do not refresh each other.
- The status buff icon shows how much extra gold Alchemist gains on his next last hit.
- A second bounty number appears over Alchemist, showing the amount of extra gold earned. This number is only visible to Alchemist.
- The minimum amount of last hits needed to reach the gold bonus cap is 4/5/6/7 (within the 36-second stack duration).
- Gold earned through Greevil's Greed is unreliable.
- The Bounty Rune multiplier only affects the amount of gold Alchemist gains (regardless of whether he collects the rune himself). Allies still gain the default value.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target ally upon cast.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping automatically targets self.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 900.
- Increases Alchemist's total movement speed to 335, and to 375/385/395 when combined with .
- Can regenerate up to 400 health over its full duration.
- Increases Alchemist's total movement speed to 345/355/365 ( ), and sets his base attack time to 1.2/1.1/1.
- Can regenerate up to 1250/1875/2500 ( ) health over its full duration.
- Chemical Rage is fully canceled on death.
- Recasting Chemical Rage before the previous cast finishes refreshes the duration and updates all values to the current level.
- This is an innate ability.
- clones and illusions).
has an active ability for Alchemist, allowing him to cast it on allied heroes (excluding hero
- Once cast, the Scepter is consumed and the targeted ally passively receives all of 's effects.
- ↓↓ Double-tapping Aghanim's Scepter in the inventory automatically targets self.
- This includes all Aghanim's Scepter upgrades, as well as the item's attributes, 10 strength, 10 agility, 10 intelligence, 175 health, and 175 mana.
- The net worth of the item transfers from Alchemist to the target hero. Self-casting does not change the net worth.
- Doing so does not change Alchemist's or the target's GPM.
- A hero can only be targeted once by Aghanim's Scepter Synth.
- If the targeted ally already bought Aghanim's Scepter and has it in their inventory or backpack, it gets refunded, removing it and granting them 4200 .
- Alchemist has to infuse himself with an Aghanim's Scepter for the bonuses to take into effect.
- Since up to 4 allies and Alchemist himself can be infused, Alchemist can gain up to 100 attack damage and 25% spell damage amplification.
|+20 Damage||15||+350 Health|
|+125Radius||10||+15 Attack Speed|
- This attack damage talent is added as bonus attack damage.
- Does not benefit illusions and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Break. from talents is not disabled by
- Increased base attack damage from 24-33 to 27-33.
- Reduced mana cost from 50/100/150 to 50/75/100.
- Increased health regeneration from 0 to 0.25.
- Rescaled mana cost from 90/100/110/120 to 100 on each level.
- Reduced cooldown from 16 to 13.
- now also grants 30 movement speed.
- Level 10 left talent changed: -6s cooldown ➜ +125 radius.
- Reduced gold bonus cap from 18/21/24/27 to 15/18/21/24.
- regenerates health so Alchemist can survive the lane.
- restores health also.
- is cheap and gives small attribute bonuses.
- gives health regeneration, and burst mana to use Acid Spray.
- helps Alchemist get last hits with increased attack damage against creeps.
- give a nice movement speed boost.
- increase attack speed and strength to help Alchemist obtain last hits. The bonus intelligence helps him use more Acid Spray in the early to mid game.
- works well with Chemical Rage's health regeneration, countering the item's health draining effect.
- improves mobility so Alchemist can get in range and use Unstable Concoction on the enemies.
- allows Alchemist to split push lanes, and be present at while farming free lanes. Also, the movement speed boost greatly mitigates his weakness in mobility.
- protects Alchemist from most disables so he can continue to deal damage.
- lowers enemies' armor, which stacks with the armor reduction from Acid Spray. It also provides a useful aura to buff armor and attack speed the rest of your team.
- is a good pickup since Alchemist can get it quickly with Greevil's Greed, when the burn damage hurts the most. It deals heavy damage to the enemy team, as Alchemist can stay alive for prolonged periods with Chemical Rage.
- is excellent for sieging buildings, and also provides Alchemist with a much needed disjoint mechanism.
- Static Charge to protect Alchemist or his teammates. Its lightning attack will also trigger often under Chemical Rage. increases Alchemist's attack speed greatly, and also gives a useful
- allows Alchemist to farm much quicker.
- forces enemies to think twice about fighting back against Alchemist.
- goes well with Alchemist's high attack speed, and helps greatly in securing an enemy. It also gives bonus attack damage and greater survivability providing bonus HP and blocking damage from incoming attacks.
- strength, evasion, status resistance, and also gives the ability to disarm a threatening enemy. gives some
- gives Alchemist a massive amount of health. Combined with the health regeneration from Chemical Rage, Alchemist is extremely hard to take down.
- grants increased attack speed to Alchemist without using any inventory slots. He can also use Moon Shard on an ally to give them the bonus attack speed instead.
- allows Alchemist to give the item to an ally, granting them appropriate upgrades.
|Roles:||Carry Support Durable Disabler Initiator Nuker|
|Playstyle:||Having broken out of prison with his ogre accomplice, Razzil Darkbrew embarks on the search for new materials to use in his transmutations. Learned in alchemy, Razzil is able to extract extra gold from creeps, and create fields of toxic sludge with Acid Spray. The Alchemist brews, atop the shoulders of his companion, an increasingly Unstable Concoction that is ideally thrown before it explodes. In a pinch, Razzil slips his partner an unknown potion, inducing a Chemical Rage in the ogre's body. Symptoms include unnatural attack speed, rapid health regeneration, and a pleasant purple hue.|
- At one point during beta, Alchemist's bio consisted entirely of the following sentence: "Alchemist is named Al and is a chemist."
- Alchemist's third ability name remained unchanged from its DotA counterpart until after the Diretide event, when it was changed from "Goblin's Greed" into "Greevil's Greed."
- The Ogre's portion of the Caustic Steel cosmetic set may be a reference to Master Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond The Thunderdome, while the Alchemist's armor and hair are most likely a reference to Edward Elric, one of the two main protagonists of Fullmetal Alchemist.
- ▶️ sound effect has the same reprocessed sound of ▶️ Oil Platform building from game Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, created by Blizzard. 's
- One of Alchemist's last hit lines ▶️ "Only ninety-eight percent pure?" is a direct reference to AMC's TV series Breaking Bad.
- Another of his last hit lines ▶️ "Greed is good." is a reference to Gordon Gekko's speech in the 1987 film, Wall Street. as well as the actual cheat code from Warcraft III which gives the player gold on single player campaign.
- Alchemist's line for picking up a Haste Rune ▶️ "Run, buddy, run!" may be a reference to Forrest Gump, since sometime in the movie there is a line "Run, Forrest, Run!"
- Alchemist's leveling line ▶️ " Better living through alchemy!" is a reference to the phrase "Better Living Through Chemistry", a popular variant of a DuPont advertising slogan which later became a common phrase.