|With origins known only to a single wizard, fragments of this impossible crystal are nearly as coveted as the renowned scepter itself.|
This article is about the store-bought Aghanim's Shard. For the version dropped by, see .
- Aghanim's Shard becomes available for purchase at the 20th minute mark (10th minute mark in Turbo Mode).
- If the hero does not have it already, Aghanim's Shard gets instantly consumed upon acquiring.
- A hero may only consume Aghanim's Shard once.
- is the only hero without an upgrade.
- When a hero has an upgrade available, the item's and the upgraded spell's tooltip states what exactly is upgraded.
- Single target spells with Aghanim's Shard upgrades that are reflected by Spell Reflection depend on whether the reflecting hero has Aghanim's Shard, not the original caster of the reflected spell.
Main Article: Aghanim's Shard/Upgraded Abilities
- Bounty hunter's allies now gain vision over the target and an additional of movement speed boost. Exceptionally powerful in closing down teamfights.
- Increases max charges to and provides ground vision around it. The vision and additional remnant provided is massive for scouting, team fights, initiations, making the Aghanim's Shard more cost effective on Earth Spirit.
- The shard offers 3 permanent that follow Enchantress around. Helps Enchantress to sustain herself and her teammates more effectively.
- Breaking out of now reduces enemy magic resistance by for 20% seconds. Aghanim's Shard further increases self movement speed bonus up to 41%/43%/45%. While the reduced magic resistance is additional benefit, the movement speed allows Nyx Assassin to scout for his team better.
- Applies the current level of when he lands on an enemy or in an area. This affects units under invisibility as well as allowing Slardar to perform other actions while applying Corrosive Haze debuff to enemies.
- Break to its target. While Break is situational, the spell immunity is essential so that Spirit Breaker will never be interrupted while casting his long casting animation ultimate. now grants Spirit Breaker spell immunity during cast and applies
- now dispels the enemy target. This applies dispel for positive debuffs such as , and etc, before applying the stun from Storm Hammer.
- Increases the cast range of and creates attacking the target. This helps Shadow Shaman push even more effectively as he can just shackle a creep to create Serpent Wards.
- reduces status resistance and causes other debuffs applied to last longer. It also grants vision over the target. This further amplifies slow duration from , duration and silence duration.
- Provides Templar Assassin with the ability to silence enemies up to seconds based on how long the , this could help Templar Assassin skip and focus getting other core items in situations against certain heroes such as . has been charged, also further increases max trap count up to 9/12/15. Considering that Aghanim's Shard has a cost of
- Venomancer summons at its current level when impacts an enemy hero, also increases the ability's cast range up to 1200 and max travel distance up to 1250. Combining with his left level 25 talent, the Plague Wards provides vision and additional damage, helping with team pushes and defenses.
- Reduces the mana cost of to 0, spawns to attack each nearby enemy hero when Reincarnation is triggered. Wraith king is usually countered by mana-draining heroes (e.g. , ) or , acquiring Aghanim's Shard allows Wraith King to constantly battle without needing to micro-manage his already limited mana pool.
- Ancient Apparition can disable enemy's from 1500 range away with dealing damage per second, making this upgrade one of the best upgrades in the game for supports.
- Aghanim's Shard effect ingame.png
A hero having Aghanim's Shard equipped or consumed.
- Aghanim's Shard is named after Agahnim, one of the main villains in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Aghanim. is the son of
Main Article: Aghanim's Shard/Changelogs