|The scepter of a wizard with demigod-like powers.|
- The item's attributes grants the following bonuses:
- The item grants each hero unique enhancements to their abilities, sometimes granting a new ability.
- Can be further upgraded into with a , a permanent passive buff that provides the same ability upgrades without taking up an item slot.
- When a hero has an upgrade available, the item's and the upgraded ability's tooltip states what exactly is upgraded.
- Single target abilities with Aghanim's Scepter upgrades that are reflected by Spell Reflection depend on whether the reflecting hero has Aghanim's Scepter, not the original caster of the reflected ability.
- has the ability to directly infuse Aghanim's Scepter without the need of the expensive recipe. Unlike other heroes, he can also infuse it into his allies, instead of only himself, saving the team a lot of gold the more scepters he infuses.
- can have Spirit Bear attack without him around or alive, which make an effective and safe pusher who will always threaten the enemy base.
- unlocks , increasing his regeneration, and helping him use more abilities in team fights and defending buildings.
- 's casts a 2-attack at every 90 degree angle around him, increasing his damage output.
- deals more overall damage with striking two targets at once; it also damages buildings so Razor can push and close down the game.
- acquires to increase his damage output, as well as making him less dependent on trees to deal damage in the late game.
While many supports become more powerful with Aghanim's Scepter, most should still focus primarily on buying support items, with Aghanim's Scepter as a luxury option if they have enough gold.
First temporary icon used during the 2020 Summer Event, Aghanim's Labyrinth.
Second temporary icon used during the 2020 Summer Event, Aghanim's Labyrinth.
- Aghanim's Scepter is named after Agahnim, one of the main villains in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- an imitation of Aghanim's Scepter.
is the son of Aghanim. He also possesses
- With the exception of , , , and , heroes never mention Aghanim's name in their voice responses, simply referring to it as "The Scepter". The reason for this is unknown.
- and are the only heroes who do not have any Scepter responses (excluding and , who do not speak).
- The components of Aghanim's Scepter before version 6.60 are the same as the components of the Pre-7.27 .