|Aegis of the Immortal|
|The Immortal was said to own a shield that protected him from death itself.|
- The Aegis of the Immortal cannot be dropped or sold.
- The Aegis disappears when one of the following happens, be it in a player's inventory, or still on the ground where Roshan dropped it:
- Roshan respawns 8–11 minutes after being slain.
- The Aegis wielder dies and reincarnates, using up the Aegis.
- Five minutes pass since the Aegis was picked up by a hero.
- This means it is impossible for multiple Aegis to exist in a match.
- Reincarnation cannot be prevented in any way. If a hero dies with it, it is used.
- If the wielder has a Reincarnation ability, the ability triggers first if it is usable.
- Provides ground vision at the death location during its delay. /
- When Roshan reclaims the Aegis, the wielding hero is granted health and mana regeneration for a short duration.
- Damage greater than
from any player (including allies, excluding self) or dispels the effect.
- Does not get dispelled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- When picked up, a countdown appears on the item's icon, visible to everyone, showing the remaining lifetime of the Aegis before disappearing.
- The countdown always starts at 5 minutes, it does not consider 's respawn timer.
According to the characters in the Dota 2 Comic "Are We Heroes Yet" Roshan stole the Aegis of the Immortal from a Shop Keeper whom he killed. The Gods then cursed Roshan to have his life and treasure stolen repeatedly as punishment for his crime.
- Aegis was previously an ordinary recipe item that contained three charges. After it was removed, it was then obtainable as a droppable item from Roshan.
- In Greek mythology, an aegis that was described as "ageless and immortal" was presented to Zeus.
- is no longer canceled by self-inflicted damage.
- No longer has a 20 minimum damage threshold to get dispelled.
- No longer has a special rule for getting dispelled by regular attacks. [ ]
- Now gets dispelled by damage after all reductions, instead of before. [ ]
- Now only gets dispelled by player-based and Roshan-based damage, instead of any source.