- 's nullifies Abaddon healing from Borrowed Time and Mist Coil and it is not dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- 's instant kill is not prevented by Borrowed Time should Abaddon's health falls below the threshold.
- can use on Abaddon when he activates Borrowed Time, wasting its duration.
- and hinder Abaddon from applying Curse of Avernus' silence on him.
- break Curse of Avernus and the passive component of Borrowed Time ,which means his allies could be easily disabled or killed. will make Abaddon unable to use Mist Coil, Aphotic Shield, and the active component of Borrowed Time, also upgraded with can
- Lina is a common carrier which can waste some duration of Borrowed Time and following up with if timed correctly.
- wastes Borrowed Time's duration.
- Outworld Destroyer's can kill Abaddon before Borrowed Time triggers due to the lack of intelligence for Abaddon.
- Shadow Demon with an silence, Borrowed Time will not trigger at all. will use to disable Curse of Avernus and the passive component of Borrowed Time. If this is combined with a
- Even without Curse of Avernus fully works on illusions, turning the passive ability against him. , he can still waste Borrowed Time with .
- Heroes that have long silences, such as and , will prevent Abaddon from saving his allies effectively and disable the active component of Borrowed Time.
- might not kill Abaddon with his nuke, but a support Abaddon will struggle to protect an ally from him.
- and make a supporting Abaddon useless at crucial moments.
- wastes some duration of Borrowed Time.
- silence, Borrowed Time will not trigger at all. disables Curse of Avernus and Borrowed Time's passive component. When used in combination with , , or another
- and can kill Abaddon before he uses Borrowed Time, forcing him to cast it manually.
- and decreases the amount of healing from Borrowed Time.
- will continuously heal Abaddon under Borrowed Time, and cannot be turned off.
- will continuously heal Abaddon under Borrowed Time, for a percentage of his maximum health.
- can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- and can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- Bane lacks mobility, therefore becoming helpless when silenced by Curse of Avernus.
- , , and can all be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- will continuously heal Abaddon under Borrowed Time.
- can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- The debuffs from and from can also be dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- Aphotic Shield can nullify Chen's combo, while clearing Chen's creeps simultaneously.
- Aphotic Shield makes it less likely for allies to be killed by mines.
- Because they explode in very short intervals, a stack of Break. will always trigger Borrowed Time, making them impossible to kill Abaddon unless his resistances are lowered enough or Abaddon is affected by
- Abaddon can easily dispel the long-lasting root of on himself and on an ally, while at the same also providing protection against the other mines' damage.
- If is used on Abaddon, Abaddon can use Borrowed Time and easily heal for the duration of Borrowed Time by simply moving.
- If he isn't silenced, Abaddon can use Borrowed Time to escape during the delay.
- and stun can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- Abaddon can use Borrowed Time and easily heal for the duration of Borrowed Time by Nyx's burst damage.
- In general, heroes that deal burst in multiple instances will trigger Borrowed Time and heal Abaddon for a large amount, such as , , , , or .
- Heroes that deal damage over time will also fail to bring down Abaddon and his allies, such as , , or .
- By simply using Aphotic Shield, Abaddon can easily save his allies from heroes that apply long disables, such as or .
- Both 's and 's have a 0.25 second delay before the damage is dealt.
- Abaddon's constant heals and protection can save himself and his allies from burst-focused heroes, such as , , and .
- Abaddon can be fairly good against teams with single target potential, since either targeting him or any of his allies will always open space for a counter measure with Borrowed Time and Aphotic Shield.
- , , and stuns can be easily dispelled by Abaddon's Aphotic Shield or Borrowed Time.
Works well with...
- Aphotic Shield makes Storm Spirit even tankier during initiations, and the explosion adds damage to his ability combos during single hero ganks.
- Phantom Assassin can easily burst down a target with the explosion damage from Aphotic Shield, and will greatly benefit from Curse of Avernus's attack speed boost.
- Unit under will have increased healing factor.
- Abaddon can effectively protect Axe with Mist Coil and Aphotic Shield as Axe uses a into the enemies lines, and can make a great combo with Aphotic Shield, as units are forced to attack Axe, making it easy for the shield explode.
- Another hero that can force the enemy to attack her, Legion Commander can get quick duel pick-offs with the help of the exploding Aphotic Shield and help her secure the damage from .
- If Aphotic Shield is cast on Centaur Warrunner, it will absorb some of the self-inflicting damage of and cause the shield to explode. Not only does this reduce the damage centaur takes but a combination of and can do a high amount of burst damage when combined with an Aphotic Shield explosion.
- can be used to trigger Aphotic Shield's explosion or Borrowed Time if Abaddon is disabled. Additionally, casting on Abaddon under the effects of Borrowed Time gives Abaddon both a burst heal and a heal over time.
- The heals from and Mist Coil, both of which are doubled under , combined with the dispels on and Aphotic Shield can keep an allied hero alive almost indefinitely.
- Curse of Avernus can greatly assist pushing towers and other structures, making Abaddon work well with Heroes like .
- In general, any hero that blinks into enemies lines will benefit greatly from Aphotic Shield.
- Any Hero with a heal can work with Abaddon to make a team very hard to kill.
- Abaddon's saves can enable squishy heroes like and in teamfights.
- Heroes with high armor will get the most value out of Mist Coil and Aphotic Shield.
- Heroes that are normally kited with slows or disables like will benefit greatly from Aphotic Shield and Curse of Avernus.
- users may have just enough time to use it as Aphotic Shield is absorbing damage.
- amplifies heals and makes Mist Coil an extremely potent healing ability.