Crixalis também conhecido como Sand King é um melee strength Hero capaz de debilitar multiplos inimigos em um apenas um combo uma vez que suas habilidades dão dano em area. Ele é um dos mais versáteis heróis no jogo e é capaz de push, initiate, support, roam, gank, e até mesmo Semi-Carry com um pouco mais dificuldade. Embora ele possa realizar varios papéis graças a sua versatilidade, seu principal trabalho é iniciar a batalha quando seus inimigos estiverem juntos, na tentativa de usar seu slow ou stun. Embora Sand King seja fraco como tank no começo do jogo graças aos seus baixos atributos, ele depende do Sand Storm para desviar de projéteis, e do Burrowstrike para subir e descer de terreno, conferindo a ele uma capacidade de sobrevivencia acima da média.
Sand King é um herói o qual é necessario habilidade para se jogar bem, visto que ele é altamente dependente do uso devido de suas habilidades. Contudo, sua natureza de herói de força (Alto HP e baixo custo de mana) faz de Sand King um fácil herói para se aprender. Ele é recomendado para jogadores intemediários até avançados.
- The spikes travel at a speed of 2000 ( 3000), reaching max range in 0,2/0,25/0,3/0,35 ( 0,27/0,33/0,4/0,47) seconds.
- Sand King is teleported instantly towards the targeted point once the spikes reach it.
- Does not disjoint projectiles upon cast or upon teleporting.
- Sand King is disabled during the cast backswing of Burrowstrike.
- When targeting a unit, Sand King chases the target until it is within range and casts Burrowstrike towards its direction.
- The spikes still do not home in on the target, thus can be evaded. Targeting a unit only determines the direction upon cast.
- Hit units are knocked up 350 range for the initial 0.52 seconds of the stun.
- While in the air, other units may pass below hit airborne units.
- The damage is applied upon landing, not upon getting hit.
- The burrowing and reappearing takes 0,53 seconds from the moment the spell is cast, during which Sand King cannot do anything.
- The spikes do not travel the full distance when targeting closer than the max range.
- When upgraded, Burrowstrike applies illusions. Treats creep-heroes as creeps. on all hit heroes, excluding
- The fade delay is not used upon cast. Sand King turns invisible instantly on cast.
- The fade delay takes effect when breaking the invisibility by attacking, or casting spells or items.
- However, since casting Sand Storm applies the invisibility instantly, the fade delay effectively does not take effect when re-casting it while inside the previous cast's area.
- Sand Storm deals 10/22,5/35/47,5 ( 30/42,5/55/67,5) damage in 0.5 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in a total of 40/50/60/70 instances.
- Can deal up to 400/1 125/2 100/3 325 ( 1 200/2 125/3 300/4 725) damage to a single unit (before reductions) if it stays in range for the whole duration.
- The movement speed slow and blind granted by the talent are aura-based. The aura's debuff lingers for 0,5 seconds.
- Successive attacks on the same target neither stack the debuff, nor do they refresh its duration.
- O dano e retardo em área na hora da morte são apenas aplicados quando a unidade com efeito é abatida pelo Sand King ou seus aliados.
- Isso significa que os efeitos não são aplicados quando o alvo é negado, ou quando expira.
- When the debuff expires without the unit dying, the expire damage and the slow are applied within the radius around it.
- The slow from multiple explosions does not stack, only the duration gets refreshed.
- When interrupted during the channeling, the spell does nothing, wasting the cooldown and mana.
- If the channeling was successful the damage pulses cannot be interrupted anymore, not even by Sand King's death.
- Sand King can act freely during the damage pulses.
- The pulse radii are all centered at Sand King's current location, not at the cast location.
- When Sand King dies after having finished channeling, the pulses still continue from where he died.
- The pulses happen in 0,5/0,375/0,3 ( 0,3/0,25/0,21) second intervals, starting 0,5/0,375/0,3 ( 0,3/0,25/0,21) seconds after the channeling finishes.
- This means it takes 3 seconds for the spell to release all pulses after the initial delay.
- Can deal up to 660/880/1 100 ( 1 100/1 320/1 540) damage to a single unit when all pulses hit (before reductions).
- The slow is applied to enemies on each pulse. Multiple instances of the slow on a unit do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- Can slow a single unit for up to 6 seconds (total duration of pulses + debuff duration).
- Each pulse first applies the damage, then the debuff.
|Talentos do herói|
|50% de retardo e cegueira para||25||+50 de regeneração de vida|
|+4 pulsos para||20||+10 de armadura|
|+50 de retardo de ataque para||15||+40 de DPS para|
|+200 de vida||10||+20 de velocidade de movimento|
Começo da partida:
Meio da partida:
|Funções:||Iniciador Desativador Suporte Bombardeador Escapista Caçador|
|Estilo de jogo:||Obscured in the harshest of Sand Storms was Crixalis, guardian and ambassador of the Scintillant Waste. A construct of sentient sand, the Sand King traverses the world in a carapace of Djinn's craft. From beneath the shifting dunes he ambushes enemies with Burrowstrike, inflicting a desiccating venom that causes their corpses to erupt in a Caustic Finale. But true destruction was heralded by a beating tail. Within moments, the ground pulsed with violent tremors, and from its moving Epicenter Crixalis pursued scattering foes until the very last fell to their knees. Across bazaars and between towns, the learned repeat a simple truth. Where the Sand King walks, the earth trembles.|
- Use Blink Dagger to extend stun range by blinking in front of a hero and stun as many heroes as possible.
- Adaga de Translocação is a commonly built item for Sand King, used to initiate after channeling your Ultimate.
- The combo of Ulti+shift click blink is a formidable and a very strong way to enter team fights with the element of surprise and deal a ton of area of effect damage. Basically turning the tides of battle in your favour.
- A full blast of Epicenter at level 3 will deal 1100 damage, easily crippling the opposing team
- After initiating Sand Storm will protect you from auto attacks as well as deal damage to any enemy who stays in the area.
- In a very old version of DotA, there was a bug that caused the final pulse of Sand King's to deal over 10,000 damage. The only unit that was able to survive this was a super beefed up that was used to measure the amount of damage dealt by the ability.
- Another old bug involved using on an allied creep. When Sand King got into Burrowstrike range of that creep, he would move all the way back to the position of the creep where it was first clicked on. Because it only worked on allied creeps, the most common usage of it was to quickly get back to base.
- Gabe Newell has claimed that Sand King is his favorite hero.
- Sand King's responses contain several cultural references:
- Sand King's line, ▶️ "Like the sands through an hourglass, these are the days of defeat." is an allusion to the soap opera Days of our Lives's introduction line, "Like sands in the hourglass, these are the days of our lives.".
- Sand King's line, ▶️ "All we are is sand in the wind..." is an allusion to the song Dust in the Wind song form the band Kansas.
- The line ▶️ "You were expecting... Sandy Claws?" is most likely a reference to the stop-motion film Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The line ▶️ "I will show you fear in a handful of sand..." is an allusion to the poem "The Waste Land" by T. S. Eliot.
- The line ▶️ "We three Kings of disorient are..." is an allusion to the Christmas Carol "We Three Kings of Orient Are", by John Henry Hopkins, Jr.
- The line ▶️ "The sand of silence." is most likely a reference to the song "The Sound Of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.
- The line ▶️ "The King is dead. Long live the King." is most likely a reference to the traditional proclamation made following the ascension of a new monarch in various countries. This may also be a reference to the Megadeth song "Kill the King"
- The line "▶️ Lion, you are king of nothing" may be a reference to the film "The Lion King".
- Sand Storm's sound makes use of ▶️ this and ▶️ this voice line of Sandking.